Chapter 24

She turned back with her arms crossed.  She said sulkily," you should've left me with Hoshi while you had the chance. If you don't want to be with me then leave..."

Jungkook had trouble uttering. He doesn't know which words to use in this situation. He remain frozen like a statue , the only thing that spoke to him was his heart. It kept telling him to do something. While his mind said the opposite. In all his years , he has never faced a woman like Yuri.

At first , she was what he wanted but right now , she's being difficult for him. And either way , Jungkook is right - it's bad for him to be near her. She'll die. He's a demon and she's a human , they're destroying the natural contacts between spirits.

The time Yuri was controlled by Hoshi ,Jungkook was in the spiritual realms with Jongho , Yuri's guardian angel. He remembered what he said him.

/// Flashback\\\

As Jongho took the book , he said," I'm afraid I can't let you continue to be with her. The more you stay with her is the more her life span decreases. It's almost the same when you were in her. It's not good for her."

Jungkook knows that very well but he thought he could find a way to be with her. And so he suggested. He said," then let me be an angel."

Jongho:" I thought the same thing but I'm sorry , you can't."

Jk:" why? Soobin and Jhope turned to be ones."

Jongho:" it's not easier than it sounds. Soobin had bad records in heaven but of course if you want to be good then repent , Soobin and Jhope repented by doing good things. But I'm afraid your sins are far from other demons. I don't think heaven will accept you if you want to be good. And besides , if your father gives up his throne , you'll take over. The prophecy has already been settled. You can't turn into an angel therefore , you can't be with Yuri."

Jungkook sighed disappointedly. Love is so much work. He worked hard and in the end , he got no effort.

Satan has seven children and if he chose one between them , the chosen one will rule over hell. Satan can change his mind whenever he wants. The problem is , he chose Jungkook as punishment. He got angry.

Jk:" this wouldn't have happened if I didn't interfere!"

Jongho:" I don't blame you. You also have feelings. But love between a demon and a human can cause destruction upon the world."

/// End of flashback\\\

And after that , he went to Jin , his older brother. Jungkook wanted to know what holds in the future for him and Yuri.

/// Flashback\\\

Jk:" you are the only one that can tell me what will happen."

Jin sips his tea. He shook his head and said," I assume Jongho has already told you. If you're asking yourself what will happen if your relationship with Yuri continues then the answer is - she'll die."

Jk:" give me a clear statement. Help me here. I'm desperate to know what will happen in the future."

Jin looked at the wooden floor as he saw the future. He looked back at Jungkook and heaved a heavy sigh.

Jin:" you know Jungkook. There's something about this girl I don't understand. For a human , she's pretty strong. You've been in her for years now and you are still with her. Don't you think she should've been dead by now? You saved her , right? But after saving her , there were no signs that she was spiritually troubled."

Jin was right. Jungkook never thought about that. Jungkook saved her and she survived but after that , she didn't had trouble. She should've been sick , weak , or even faced death. Jungkook thought that was kinda suspicious.

Jin:" there's something about her. Only demons can tolerate other demons. Demons can posses other demons or consume them. Angels can kill demons without fighting them. If she was an angel , you would've been dead by now. If she was human , she would've been dead. But as I said , only demons can tolerate other demons."

Jk:" a-are you saying she's not...human?"

Jin:" but let's take a quick recap. Ji-woo and Soobin are together. Soobin kept his distance because he knew being close to her will kill her and so , he visited her sometimes. When things got serious , he repented and turned into an angel. But whenever he visited , she would cough out blood or her body weakens. The funny thing here is - why is Yuri still alive?"

Jk:" ......"

Jin:" and you asked me what do I see in the future. Not a clear vision but all I see is Yuri killing herself."

Jk:" WHAT!? What do you mean by that?"

Jin:" I told you it's not a clear vision. But something is telling me if we are done with Hoshi , keep your distance."

Jk:" but that'll break her heart."

Jin:" breaking her heart is the only solution. She'll move on and find another guy. She'll be happy."

Jk:" if you are saying that then what about what you saw in the future!?"

Jin:" Jungkook , I'm a demon , not a love doctor or a fortune teller. But come on , you're Jeon Jungkook. The Golden maknae. You'll probably figure out something."

/// End of flashback\\\

Jungkook's POV

I will figure out something. Before attending to anything , I have to get rid of Hoshi but how though? If I attack him , I'll be hurting Yuri. It's hopeless because I can't think of a solution. There's no way out of this.

All I need is to know how the Devil's mark works. I know it can't be destroyed Because it was created by evil - pure evil. 

Father created the Devil's mark with his own blood.

How can I destroy something evil when I'm not good? Evil fighting evil is almost like fire fighting fire.