"*29: Famiglia*"

Isabella's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. This time I wasn't annoyed by it.

I look at the mirror and do something I'd never do even though I'd be held on gunpoint.

I smiled.

It felt so awkward. I tried putting on a genuine smile but failed miserably.

As I was putting my smile together, someone barged into my room.

Ashton.

"Come down — what are you doing freak?!" He laughed at my attempt to smile.

"I'm not a freak, I'm just trying to smile dumbo" I said with folded arms.

"Yeah, that's not working out for you" he laughs, again.

"Shut up"

"Just like old times, you'd try something new and I'd laugh about it" he chuckles and wipes a tear off his eye.

"Really?" I asked. Genuinely surprised.

I've bonded with Ashton?

"Yeah. Even that time you want to paint family together, you acted like a French painter. I laughed so hard. You cried to Mama and Papa. Nonno wanted to beat the shit outta me" he sat down on my bed as he reminesced.

"Wow" I say, utterly bewildered. I didn't even know when I sat next to him.

"It was the best and worst day of my life" he said.

"I ended up apologizing to you and Mama and Papa bought us ice cream" he continued.

"I wonder what they were like"

"They were the best parents you could have. They weren't strict, unless they had to. Well, that's when Nonno decides to step in, then they're all strict" he said.

I giggled and he turned to me.

"You can giggle?!" He said and laughed, rolling on the floor.

"Shut up" I said and hit him with a pillow. My dear friends that's how a pillow war started.

"Hey Ashton, I told you to—" Xavier walked in on our fight.

He laughed and joined in.

I was outnumbered.

"Okay you had your fun, let's end it here" I said backing away.

"No no sister, we're just getting started" Ashton said and on cue, they but hit me with the pillow.

I fell on my bed and pulled them off their feet and ran out.

"Catch her!" Xavier yelled.

I ran to Ethan.

"Help me!" I latched onto him.

"Ethan throw her" Ashton said.

"Okay" he said. I looked at him with betrayal eyes.

"Sorry sis" he said and threw me like I weighed nothing. Ashton caught me and started going outside with me in his arms.

"What are you doing"

"Teaching you a lesson" he smirked and threw me into the pool.

Water engulfed my lungs. Yeah, I know how to swim. I've almost been drowned. But why doesn't it feel like I can't move my body. Like my body isn't responding anymore?

Soon, everything looks blurry and slowly I'm going down. Down. Down.

I see a splash of water, arms wrapping around me, air fills my lungs and I can move again.