First Meeting

So this needs a bit of explanation before the story starts.

This takes place in a Royalty AU I'm currently working on the prologue for, most of the information on the info page and in the prologue won't be needed for this, but I'll put the big thing that will be needed here.

In the world, everyone is put in one category, either you're a human meaning no magic, or a mystic meaning you have access to magic, so both have very different ideas on their monarchs, but no matter magic status, if a character is meant to have animal-like features, they will have them.

Humans have the typical king, queen, prince, princess, and royal, while the mystics just have gender neutral terms in elder for king/queen and elden for prince/princess, but eldens are also referred to as echoes in young children.

Last thing I will put is Inpu is a prince in one of the human kingdoms while Bryan is an elden for one of the very few mystic kingdoms.

Anyways, this is just something before the prologue, so its extra that won't make it into the book when it eventually comes out (I am working on like five unpublished books cause I have no ideas based on my storyboards) enjoy!

----------------------------

Inpu's POV

Ever since this school year started, there has been one boy I keep seeing in class, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't catch him to talk to him.

He seemed to be a constant victim for bullying, so I'd usually get them to stop for a bit, but when I went back to speak to him, he'd be gone.

Today, I managed to catch it again, so not wanting to get rid of a chance to finally speak with him, I used the corner they had him in to my advantage, really just by standing behind them instead of in front of the boy.

Once the bullies saw me, they ran like they normally did, but then I turned to the boy.

I offered him my hand to help him up, but he seemed almost scared to touch my hand.

He ended up getting up on his own before muttering something before trying to walk off.

Genuinely wanting to talk to him, I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked really scared.

"Hey, are you ok? I've seen you around school but I've never gotten to speak with you"

"I can't be talking to you..."

"What makes you say that, the fact I'm a prince?"

"The fact you're human, I'm not allowed to talk to you let alone touch you"

My mind just froze, no wonder he had avoided talking to me, my father's dumb rules against mystics always messed with things like this.

The rule was that mystics under 18 could attend human schools if they didn't have any other option, but they weren't allowed to touch or speak with humans, thus being the reason he was bullied.

"Ignore my father's rules, everyone here knows I will easily get out of punishment and the same will go for you if I speak about it, would you like to join me for lunch?"

"Um, yeah, I guess that would be nice"

We continued to where he ate lunch, I didn't want anyone to mess with him for being near me so it was easier.

At first, we didn't say anything to each other, we just ate our food, but it was clear he was uncomfortable about something.

"So, at least just to break the silence, I'm Inpu, what's your name?"