Chapter 36

We went on the Friday to see if our names were up on the board.

Calamity Jane - Molly Lees

Wild Bill Hickok - Matt Dawson

"Yes!" Matt was grinning at me.

There were a few other names I recognised, but I was over the moon that I had got the part. The rehearsals started a week from then but we had to collect our scripts so we could get a gist of the lines.

My driving license came earlier than expected too. It arrived on the Monday and I texted Gibbs to say I would drive myself home.

"Coming to see my car?" I asked Matt.

"Yeah!" he grinned.

The locker was just around the block and we got there in ten minutes. I unlocked it and Matt gasped when he saw the car.

"That is awesome! It must have been expensive!" he said.

"Nope! My dad bought it for a couple hundred bucks when he stayed here. It was completely run down, but he managed to get it working again. It hasn't been driven since," I told him.

We got in the car and I turned the key in the ignition. It started up, it's engine purring, raring to go.

"Let's see how this beauty drives," I grinned, pulling out of the locker.

We drove for about half an hour, marvelling at the car. I dropped Matt at his house.

"That was amazing," he kissed me softly, "I'll see you later."

"Bye!" with that, I drove to NCIS. 

Tony was waiting for me, eyebrows raised.

"Can I get a shot?" he asked, "I've got a fifteen minute break."

"Don't dent her, DiNozzo," I tossed him the keys and he caught them, grinning.

"You won't even know I drove her," he said, leaping into the front seat and speeding off.

"I swear to god, if I get speeding ticket..." I muttered.

Tony returned to the squad room, tossing me my keys.

"She's a beauty," he said, collapsing on his chair, "How come a eighteen year old has a better car than me?"

"Because I can be trusted with it," I grinned, placing the keys on my desk.

"So, it's a good car?" McGee asked.

"It's brilliant!," Tony and I said in unison.

From then on, I drove to school. I picked up Matt on the way even though he also had his driving license and could use his parents car. This was for two reasons; first, my car was cooler and second, it was better to waste less petrol.

I could tell everyone was jealous of my car, and I honestly couldn't wait for Samantha to come back. If she did, that is, as she had been gone for several weeks even though her lackeys were back. Kirsty was talking to me again, though we weren't as close as we had been. She had some new friends who she went to the library with every day.

We started rehearsals for 'Calamity Jane', and we had at least three a week after school for two hours. I had to request time off for it, but the director and Gibbs didn't mind. I was being paid for working for them, but it was nothing like a proper wage although it was more than most people my age. The only thing they did mind about was how I was not telling them why I needed the time. I wanted it to be a surprise.