Chapter 01- "Definition"

Recap:

"Risse! look out!" I shouted, making Jason run towards my way

I ran as fast as I could towards Risse, the Semi was just a few meters away still at full speed spinning out of control.

All I had in mind was 'Reach' it kept replaying inside my head. 'Reach, Reach, Reach, REACH!'

Then in a blink of an eye, I was on the other side of the road holding Risse by her waist. I looked towards Jason who had surprised look on his face. Papers were flying everywhere and I could hear a loud honking.

All I could say was

"What in the hell just happened."

____________________________________________________________________________

Connor's POV

Jason looked at me speechless, I was on the other side of the road and Risse was still unconscious, at that point in time I couldn't say anything. I had so many questions in mind.

I focused myself towards Risse, she was breathing heavily and her temperature was dropping, I could feel her become colder each second.

"Jason, come here!" I shouted, I don't know what's going on but for now I'm determined to save my friend.

"Dude, did you see what you just did?!" He shouted questioningly "What was that?" he added.

"If only I knew, for now help me get her up, her house is just a few seconds from here right?"

"Yeah I guess so" Jason replied.

"Guess so?" I retorted "Guess so wont save her life Jason!" I added, furiously I looked into his eyes, but I could tell he didn't know anything.

"Dont look at me like that, Im not sure okay!" He replied "Im not sure about what's going on right now!"

Jason helped me carry her up, then we started walking to where he though was her home. Thankfully we had no other truck related encounters on our way there, and when Jason saw the house he was pretty sure it was Risse's.

"Hello, is anyone home?" I asked. Risse was getting colder by the minute, if this place wasn't hers then I would just make do with what ever they had to offer.

"Coming!" I heard a voice from inside the house say.

"Who is it?" It was Risse's mother "Risse, Oh my god what happened to her?!" she was definitely worried, but I couldnt spend any more time dilly dallying about explaining to her in detail.

"Miss Carter, there's no time to explain we need to get her to a hospital!"

"Alright, come in lay her down here on the couch while I call the ambulance!" She opened the doorway, me and Jason immediately went in with Risse still in hand.

We put her down by the living room couch, Jason got up and started to boil some hot water with permission from Miss Carter. He then got a towel and poured the hot water onto it, then started to dab it on Risse's head and arms.

"Do you think she'll be ok?" Miss Carter asked worryingly.

"Dont worry Miss Carter, Risse is a strong girl, she'll get up like it was nothing." I told her trying to hold up a smile on my face, although I too was worried about Risse. Jason on the other hand was panicking whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

By the time the ambulance arrived, Jason and I were worried as hell. Two men started to carry Risse's body into the ambulance. Miss Carter went in along with them, and we were left inside Risse's home.

"Dude, explain to me what in the hell just happened?" Jason asked, still sweating from all the work he did.

"Look, if I knew I would've told you a long time ago!" I shouted. I had my own questions, and I couldnt answer them either.

"Oh really? because to me it looked like you vanished out of thin air then reappeared on the other side of the road!"

"Jason, your not making any sense." I tried to change the topic, but he just kept on questioning me like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh I'm not making sense, then what about what happened earlier, was that of any form SENSE at all?" There he goes again.

"You're becoming philosophical again, just stop ok?" He still wouldn't let down from his nagging, he always had this attitude.

"Dude, you saved Risse from that truck in a blink of an eye and you were no where close to her." Believe me, I would tell him everything if I knew "How did you do it?" He added.

"I just- I dont know ok, now leave me alone dude"

Hours passed by like it was nothing, I was still contemplating on what happened but the answers just wont go through, there was no explanation on how I was able to do that, which reminded me 'my head ache disappeared'.

Ring Ring

We heard the phone ring, on the desk table. Jason picked it up and answered the call, meanwhile I was just sitting down.

"Ye-yes Ma'am" Jason seemed a bit worried for a second "We'll be on our way!" he then put the phone down.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Miss Carter wants us to visit Risse, apparently she's awake now." After hearing the news Jason and I rushed outside, we took a taxi then got off at the Hospital.

We climbed up the stairs, I could feel my adrenaline rush. I was worried at the same time I felt sort of happy to hear the news of her being awake, and hopefully well.

"Connor?" I heard Risse say as Jason slowly opened the door.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked trying to plaster a smile on my face.

"Im good." she still looked kind of weak, the door slammed shut after Miss Carter left the room "What happened?"

"I wanted to ask you the same question" I held her hand and sat down beside her "You just fell flat in the middle of the street."

"I'm not really sure, my head just started to hurt like hell. I heard a loud honking, then by the moment I woke up, I was here"

" We'll at least you're fine now, but you are still cold." I told her still clenching her hand, I'm not quite sure but I think her hands were much paler than before.

I couldn't tell her anything about what happened, since neither Jason or I knew anything aside from the fact that.

There was no definition as to what happened that day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yay a second chapter, which is significantly long :D

Any Questions, Comments, Concerns? Leave them here

I'll make sure to read them all :D, dont forget to favorite

|Sincerely, Author|