Chapter 21- "The One Who Withstood Pain"

Connor's POV

"Haah!" I panted heavily as I felt my fingers slowly slip from the edge. "Hell! Ok...ok! This is all part of Dallas's little ploy" I laughed hysterically trying to convince myself that all of this was some act to get me to stand up. "He's a time traveller right? Meaning I should still be alive after all this" I laughed once more before dropping onto the ground heavily as I let out a loud oof.

Quickly, I stood up watching every corner as I felt the wild growls of the feral beasts that were after me. "You know..haah" I panted and placed my hands onto my knees trying to catch my breath as i looked around keenly "If you would just turn into half naked men with abs like Jacob's from twilight I would totally forgive you" I laughed as I cited the movie I watched with...Risse..

RISSE! I remember why im here.

Suddenly a jolt of courage went past me like a bullet, I was reminded of a purpose why I was here, why were all here. Seeing that the wolves were out of sight, I immediately teleported as far as my eye could see and sprinted away from the howls. "Running through the forest at night is definitely not my ideal book writing material" I said to myself, running through the woods like a madman.

As I ran I saw two figures just beyond my line of sight. I teleported closer hearing Dallas talking to himself. I listened in closely as I kept my guard on a high

"If you think, for a goddamn second this little distraction would last any longer that a few days, make that a day, it not going to work!" Dallas shouted loudly causing Anne who was sleeping on the dirt floor next to a campfire to groan and shift around. "Rory, Connor isnt that stu-" Dallas stopped as he looked at my rage filled eyes.

"Rory?...you were talking to Rory?.." I said with a strong hint of anger in my voice.Dallas looked right at me and Anne hearing my voice stood up with a confused look in her face as Dallas and I were locked in long silent stare.

"W-whats going on here? Connor, Dallas?!" She said looking at both of us with a worried look, i clenched my fist as the silence would continue.

"Connor I can explai-" Dallas was cut off as I shouted back

"I DONT WANT YOUR EXPLANATION!" off on the distance you could hear the disturbed birds fly away, then the silence would continue before I spoke back in a lower voice with each word still filled with rage "You talked to Rory...meaning she's safe...where...is..RISSE!" I said the last three words in a progressing louder voice.

The silence would break completely as laughter would fill the air. Dallas would continue to laugh out loud gaining my rage filled glare and Anne's disappointed face. "You caught me!" He exclaimed "Oh and every single detail was working out so well too, wasnt it, Anne?" He looked at Anne as she would look at me with her mouth slowly forming a frown.

"Connor I had no choice they were going to-" I cut her off as tears would slowly form in her eyes.

"Y-you...were part of this?..." I my breaths would slowly quicken and I begun to hyperventilate "TRAITORS! ALL OF YOU!" I shouted as Dallas would begin to dial a number on his phone.

"All of it was part of a huge plan, and dont worry im here to reveal it all to you...not that you could do anything about this massive operation..." He laughed as I clenched my teeth in rage "So lets start from the beginning shall we, up for some story time? Of course you are!" He said hysterically as he sat leaned on a tree.

"Project Eve, started April 14th 1939, released onto the air on January of 2014, then the first few hundred showed up with the symptoms 2015, last year. The project had one thing in mind, human evolution through genetic modification from a stimulated foreign source, bacteria. The type that could penetrate through the immune system and head directly into its second phase the human modification of the DNA. All mumbo jumbo science" he laughed again