Chapter 20- "The First Day"

Recap:

"Shit" I whispered, seeing that the flight attendants were rechecking the tickets and unfortunately we had none. I moved over towards the window seat Dallas was sitting on and looked over the horizon for an escape, thankfully the airport we landed on was beside a forest.

I grabbed our things and gave it to Dallas, Then proceeded to carry Anna on my shoulder, held Dallas by the shirt and 'Blinked' outside into the dense shrubbery of the forest.

I slowly put Anna beside a tree laying her head on it, as I did that, Anna slowly woke up and I greeted her a good morning.

"Welcome to Sweden" I smiled, stood up and brushed off the dirt on my shirt

_______________________________________________

Connor's POV

"So, now that were in Sweden, where are we headed?"

Dallas turns his head towards me, this time he stares at me seriously. Either he's on his period or he's had enough of his nasty humor.

"We find what is in your head" He replies. Nope he still has his 'Im so wise' figure going on so his mentality is still a check.

"I can tell you what's in my head right now, Forest and Sweden" I say sarcastically "Oh and did I mention illegal flight to Sweden yet?" I add, and I hear Anna giggle as she brushes off the hair hanging across her face

"Its mid-day or so and you two are already so riled up" She begins to stand up "What's going on?"

"He doesn't know where to go" Dallas points at me, Oh of course I don't know where the fuck to go! I'm not a damn time traveler who's undergone a million things and has gone a lot of places in a time line.

"I will kill you one day, I shit you not" I turn around and begin to walk deeper in the dense forest. Like seriously what the hell is he thinking? Does he expect me to know everything?! I don't even know why the fuck I care about all this, oh wait that's right. I'm the god damn reason why the world would end apparently.

Anna's POV

"Connor, Wait up!" I shout and go after him gesturing for Dallas to come with me. 

"You know sometimes both of you can be so stupid" I sigh and maneuver away from the fallen logs and rocks, where the hell is Connor?

"Dont worry, this is all part of the plan, he'll find the place by himself so we dont even have to go after him" Dallas assures me, but why didn't he tell Connor anything, if he knew the location already?

"So why didnt you tell Connor?" I slow down and begin to catch my breath. I look around for any signs of him, but all I hear is the rustling of the leaves.

Connor's POV

'Im acting like a fucking child, I should head back. Maybe I can get a clear head if I just look around or something or maybe I would ge-'

My thoughts are immedietly cut off by a strong sensation, The wind going against my body, the change of orentation, the lack of surface. Oh hell I WAS FALLING!

"AAAAH!" I shout and fall straight into a huge hole I had not noticed. My body begins to sway against the wind and I spin around trying to get a hold of some control over my movement.

"Hurgh!" I fall straight on my back hitting a some water, I had realized that I was on a shallow bit of water, which seemingly lead to a little cave.

"Hey! can anyone hear me!" I shout from the bottom of my lungs, the cave replies by sending back my voice a couple of times.

Wait...I hear a strong wind behind me..meaning an exit!, but its past the other side of this wall. Only one choice then, swim under it.

I hold my breath, move forwards deeper into the water and begin to swim. I become tired as I swim faster, trying to reach the other side. This wall was  thick, thick enough to be a huge problem to my breath, but I ant turn back now!

I swim even faster, and begin to lose breath just as the moment I see light on the other end. I could feel my chest tightening up as I swim up as fast as I could.

"Haah!" I breathe out and cough up, swimming towards what seems to be an elevation towards a light of some sorts.

I walk towards it, or rather, I shamble towards it, seeing as how this little swim of mine took all of my energy, If only I could see past that wall then I would've been able to just blink across it.

As I walk outside I see a large mountain right across the exit of the cave, the water coming from the cave begins to sway about...Wait....couldn't I have just teleported back to that tree we were just at?!

I am so stupid...

Anna's POV

"What are you doing?" I point at Dallas breaking twigs and leaving them on the floor as we move.

"Making a path for Connor to follow, but I doubt he would even come back before nightfall so, I'll leave these here for him to follow instead."

"Where are we going again?" I ask, as I start to feel cold. The sun begins to fall down giving only the small shed of light that would pass through the thick leaves of the trees.

"Towards a wolf den" He exclaims boastfully 

"A wolf den?! What are you talking about?" Really a wolf den, of all the places we would go, Dallas decides we should head towards the most dangerous place possible.

"I know how he gets his 'Limitless'" wait..his?

"Does that mean we have our own limitless too?" The thought of me being able to enter this weird state he described and be incredibly powerful intrigues me.

"No hints" Dallas laughs and keeps moving

Connors POV

Twigs and leaves...definitely making a trail.....is this Dallas' doing? Ah whatever ive been searching in circles for hours now, better to have a path to follow than blind searching.

I follow the leaves and broken pieces of branches, and its heading in a seemingly straight pattern. I keep following it until night comes and it becomes dark enough for me to start fumbling around in the woods.

Suddenly, I hear a wild howl 'Awooooooo'. Doesn't seem to friendly either. I hear more behind me and in front of me. Im definitely surrounded. Only one option left to do in this situation.

RUN!

I begin to huff it out northeast, hearing loud steps following me from all directions. I stumble across a fallen log, but I quickly stand up and continue running. Soon enough I see a large mountain side right infront of me, stopping me from going anywhere

"Shit." I try to catch my breath and I begin to hear the howls come from everywhere

"Come at me, you mutts!" I shout, but in truth I am deeply terrified by these dogs. Suddenly a wold jumps from the right at me, making me stumble back. He tries to bite me but I quickly put my hand right on its neck and head, continuously trying to push it away.

I look around trying to find anything to blink to still trying to get his face away from me, his breath is starting to stink me to death.

I see a ledge right above me, I think about the ledge, and holding onto it. then suddenly im free from the wolf's grip and Im grabbing onto the ledge.

"Yep just a night in the forest" I huff out