Chapter 24: Final Stand

"Control Room, open the cells free the others." Sounds easy enough considering the factors of having no one to hinder me and if I find the room fast we'll all be free in no time. I just have to secure my part and rely on the others to do theirs. Hopefully Dallas has the escape ready.

I continue to run in one direction skipping all the rooms and cells which looked to be occupied. I counted at least seven people in those cells. Some strapped to the walls others lying on the floor broken. I will get these people out even if costs an arm or a leg.

"Found him!" A soldier shouts infront of me. He was a big burly African-American man, he had a scar running down his eye all the way to his cheek he was tall, much taller than I was probably standing around 6'5. Shit! I hadnt noticed anyone ahead of me. I was too focused on the rooms that were beside me. "We got him here, call reinforcements case this runt decides to do some shady shit" he yells.

I raise my hands up as my only defense, the soldier slowly comes towards me and more arrive and wall the way forward. Im powerless if only I could just- I think of disappearing and reappearing behind them I run forward almost into a charge, they ready their weapons.

"Come on!" I shout as I feel the power welling inside me "GRAAAAH!" Come on! Come on! Teleport!

Nothing. The soldier slams me across the face with his retractable baton. I woukd wince to the pain as I fell to the floor. Im powerless against these guys, all I knew was to fight with my abilities not without it. I relied too much on my powers now im useless against these guys.

"Ha did you see that? This guy is nothing but flak and scream. Call Mr Markz and tell him weve got the teleporter" he does the rabbit flick with his two fingers "under control. And add that he needs not to sorry about this pathetic guy. You two back to post" from the way he talked I realized he must be the commander of these fellas maybe the entire facility if I could get him down....

"You think you're so smart?" I say taunting him as I place my to fists up "I cant believe youd need weapons to take me down seeng as how 'pathetic'" I emphasise the word pathetic " I am. Ha! The only pathetic thing I see round here is how you fight bitch!"

"Oh thats how you want it eh?" He retracts his baton and keeps it in his back pocket. "You punks.....no punks aint the word...freaks, there we go. You freaks know nothing of what going on round here" he says as he puts his hands up and clenches them into a fist.

"Like I havent had enough of that already...indulge me" I taunt him even more "Youve got this under control right? Lets see how" I then begin to move left the corridor was big enough for me to circle him and thats exactly what I did he followed my movements and did so as well then we began to slowly move in a circle. Our guards up and ready to beat each other up.

"Come at me! You freak!" He shouts banging his right fist into his chest as he begins to remove his top uniform and into his white tank top. He would then let his top fall onto his knees like some kind of skirt jacket.

I charge in first. Taking a wild leap at him and burying a fist into his left cheek. Yeah i knew how to fight. I served enough time in school to be part of fights. Sure it was all about trivial things but experience was enough for me to base my movements on.

"Good hit. But against a soldier with year of experience in the field this is nothing kid." He scoffs charging then stopping immediately making me put my guard up. He bluffed my movements dammit. Hes checking out how I fight before he throws his punches.

"Why do you do this? You said years of experience then you must have enough to know whats wrong and right" I say keeping my guard up and we continue to move in a circle. "You should know how to judge if something is wrong or not. These are children we are children no less than adults. We have our rights and freedom is one of those."

"Freedom? You expect me to let super powered teenagers and children to run about. I have a child, a normal child and he does enough damage to the people around him just as he is but you And the rest of these freaks here? Youre telling me to worry about your freedom and less on ours?"

"What are you talking about?" I say as I begin to feel rage emanating through my body "Just because were different doesnt mean were made as monsters. We have our own lives to tend to and we let the others live their own, your freedom is not in stake here ou-

"And what about the possibility of super powered freaks ruling the country. What about the possibility of having one of you tearing the streets up and murdering people in the streets what can we- with no powers to fight you- do?"

"Stop treating us like a different race, were still as human as you are! We have families! People we love who are bound to be missing us. Their children waiting for them to come home sit down and have a long talk. I might be super powered but having these guys take it from us to use as a business strategy? Injecting us with all sorts of shit and taking pieces of our body to sell and use as a marketing product? Thats inhumane"

"But we have no choice" he says in a deep voice as he stops in his tracks making me stop my own movements and keep my guard up high "If this was a perfect world we'd have no problem. But as I see it now its the humanity over your kind. And we have the advantage as of now, I plan to keep it like that" he says and lunges at me taking a huge punch directly at my hands.

I could feel the pain welling in them as I keep my guard up. And he continues to beat on my hands till I back into a wall. As he keeps his punches focus on my hands. I move my right foot up and kick him right in the gut.  He snarls at me and charges once more. I sidestep to the left barely dodging the fist he throws near my face.

"Survival of the fittest kid." He says readying another punch

"Survival? No this is a last stand between you and me and I intend to win it."