Chapter 10- "On the loose"

Recap:

"Survive for 5 minutes and we turn this thing off, unless you want to try and reach for its control panel and do it yourself!" She exclaimed, of course I was going to do it myself who would want to be stuck in this situation?

A control panel rose up from the floor a few feet away from me, I teleported towards it, opened the hatch and pushed the red button.

"Argh fvck!" I felt a strong surge of electricity flow through me as I clicked the button

"Psyche! That was actually a really big joy buzzer!" Rory laughed loudly " I can't believe you fell for that!" She laughed even harder. I saw one tesla coil revving up a bolt towards me, I tried to teleport out of the way but every time I tried I could feel a huge bolt of electricity pass through me,making me scream out in pain.

"Woah woah woah,stop the simulation now!" Rory shouted

But she was too late, a bolt of electricity sprung up from the coil towards me making me shout out in pain

Arrrrrghhhhggg!

I slammed onto the flooring, I could hear Risse shout out my name, then I fell unconscious

____________________________________________________

Risse's POV

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I shouted and looked towards the observation deck of the simulation room.

Rory quickly went outside of the room and rushed towards us. I clenched Connor's hand and placed my head to rest on his chest, thankfully his heart was still beating.

Rory opened the door behind me and ran towards Connor's unconscious body.

"Why did you place the difficulty level to 120%!" I questioned her decision

"Because unlike you he has no limits" limits? What was she talking about?

"Limits, what are they?"

"It is as it is, limits keep us human. Connor has none." Connor has no limits? But how could that be, he seems as normal as I am, without all the abilities in play. "You and me are what he calls the defined, our frequencies are on the same level just above humans. Connor had a frequency ten times larger than ours, at first I thought it was a technical error so we tested it out. His limits reached up to 500%, which was the maximum amount our scanner could see"

"But he reacts to his powers the same way I do, don't see anything special about him"

"No he doesn't, when ever you use your power you use up at least 20% of your energy and that is just per inch of solid substance you go through. Connor can teleport to the Antarctic and he wouldn't feel a thing. Christ he could teleport to the moon and back for all we know!"

"That still doesn't explain why you placed him on such a level where he couldn't handle it anymore!"

"Who said couldn't handle it? It must have been the electricity that passed through his body the first time which cancelled his powers out."

"So what electricity is his weakness?"

"Probably" Rory bit her lips "We need more data to be sure, and I think I know how we can get it." She added