Chapter 08- "Find the Defined"

Recap:

I reappeared back into the room behind one of the men, cupping my hand around his mouth, then I quickly pulled out the knife flicked the blade out and slit his throat open.

Admist the chaos in the room, I took out my gun and shot the guy in the head standing by the door,making everyone else shoot him on impulse, thankfully I was already beside Risse.

I grabbed her by the waist making her shout out loud in return, then I quickly teleported into the facility.

I fell flat on my chest onto the facility floor, while Risse seemed fine. Rory came running for me, as I was starting to lose consciousness.

"Mission accomplished" I tried to say in between breaths

My vision became blurry, I could barely understand anyone trying to talk to me thenI fell flat on my face onto the solid metal flooring, out cold.

__________________________________________________________

Connor's POV

I woke up feeling slightly dizzy and immobile, well that's mostly because I'm strapped down on to a metal table.

"What in the hell is going-"

"Who are you people?!" Risse cut me off, struggling to break free from her very on table strap. Must be pretty common in Rory's facility to have straps lying about.

"Calm down Risse everything is going to be-" I felt an immense sharp pain coming from my lower abdomen making me shout out loud "Argh Christ!".

"Hold still, Connor." Rory commanded, well I couldn't do anything eitherway. Strapped on a metal table with no weapons in hand.

"Connor? Did I hear that right?" Risse looked at me "Connor is that you?!" She added

"Yes, its me Risse now calm dow-" another sharp pain hit me, making me flail about "Jesus!" I shouted.

Risse's POV

'Jesus christ, where am I? What are they doing to Connor?' I thought to myself, still trying to unbind myself. It wasn't working out well.

"Argh God!" Connor shouted

"Hey get off of him! Don't touch him!" I pleaded. I couldn't see Connor from where I was, I was basically facing the wall, screams echoed around the entire place, where ever this was.

"Calm down miss Carter, everything will be alright" I heard a feminine voice command me, I didn't like her tone,she sounded like a massive sadist.

"Just let us go already! Please!" I started to freak out, I was never good at situations like this, or any situation involving kidnapping and screaming.

"Jesus Mr Anarchist, I never really thought you'd make it out alive after three shots of nine millimeter pistol ammo to your abdomen, but here you are."

Oh my god, Who was she talking about? Was Connor shot?

"Connor, are you alright?!" I asked concerned about the well being of my friend

"Absolutely- fant-astic" he said in between breaths

"Where are we?" I looked around, or at least tried to look around, but of course I was limited to the sight of a huge technically advanced wall.

"Some- where- safe enou-gh" Connor replied slowly

"What are we doing here!?" I shouted, I couldn't bare being stuck like this any longer!

"You'll find out soon enough miss Carter" the female replied, still sounding a bit bossy

"I want to know now!" Suddenly the straps went through my skin like it was just a particle of sand, I was freaked out by the sight and fell face first onto the floor

"Oh my god what just happened!?" I shouted

"That, was your powers kicking into action. " the woman explained to me as I got up slowly and went towards Connor who was still strapped onto his table.

"Connor!" I shouted, I noticed how well his wounds were treated, either this girl was a professional or she was a miracle maker.

"I'm fine Risse" he assured me, it was convincing but I was still very confused

"What's with the get up?" I asked, he looked like a vigilante from one of those super hero comics that I used to read back when I was a grade schooler.

"Questions later, work now" the girl beside me exclaimed. Come to think of it I never really got her name, not that it would help me figure out where I was.

"And who are you?" I asked, raising an eye brow as I examined her from head to toe.

"Rory, Rory Travince at you service. Well not really, since both of you are under my jurisdiction." Under her jurisdiction, what the hell was she talking about?

"Hold up, excuse me?"

"No, you are not excused, now listen to what I have to say"

She then started explaining to me how I got here and why I was here, and for some reason we were called the defined, credits go to Connor for that name. Everything started to make sense soon enough. She explained how there are a limited amount of defined in the world as well as types of abilities, and she also explained how my abilities worked, something Connor didn't have the leisure of receiving.

"That still doesn't explain why we have these powers" I looked at Rory whilst examining the room around me.

"Its a disease, call it a fever, a rare type" why a disease? Couldn't it have been something we were given as gifts I thought "None of us here asked to receive these powers, some just wanted to live normal lives, but this disease prevented us from doing so." She added.

"So what do we do now?" I said as I looked towards Connor now free from his binds. He started to walk around the room,he seems to be preparing for something although I don't know what.

"You see we have a mission, its not the easy type too" a mission, for what? So many questions flew by me "Its a mission of 'search and gather' type deal" she added.

"What are we looking for?" I asked, Connor looked at me while he was restocking his gun's ammo

"Find the defined, that's what we do." Connor replied

________________________________________________________

Was this too short? XD sorry I had no time to add more to it since I slowly ran out of ideas for this chapter, still a milestone has been achieved 9 chapters in one of my stories is pretty fantastic in my view :P

Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Leaaaaaavee ittttt heeeeeeereeeee :D

I'll cya all next time, peace!

|Sincerely, Author|