Chapter 17- "Day X"

Recap:
I walked to the comms room, still carrying the half asleep beauty on my back. I put her down on a bean bag, which Dallas placed conveniently on time. Then I walked to the table, and started to chow down on what ever Dallas had to offer. Sadly we didn't have anything aside from canned goods.

"So what's the plan?" I asked whilst chewing on the food on my mouth.

"You enter limitless, you save us all. You don't we all die." He said calmly

"How can you expect me to enter..what ever this limitless thing is when I don't even know what it is!"

"You will, if you come with me." He extended his hand towards me. I looked around the now abandoned facility. Anna was there sleeping soundly on the bean bag. The placed was all tattered and broken I had no other choice.

"What ever this limitless thing is, you better make sure it saves us all" I glared at Dallas

"It won't just save us all, Connor you don't understand what this is, I don't expect you to, but soon enough it will be the only way anything will be the same ever again." He sounded like this limitless thing was the most important thing in his life "I've seen it happen in front of me Connor , you aren't like us. We just hold abilities...you" he paused "you hold lives"

"Alright" I stood up "lets go" I placed my hand onto his and a bright white flash went through my vision.

What ever we were doing, we were abandoning our previous lives. From here on out were cast aways. Cast aways from the civilization we once lived in.

Castaways without the plan.

__________________________________

Connor's POV

I woke up feeling dizzy, dear god I was about to throw up. Dallas was just standing idly looking around the place.

"Where are we? Or rather when are we?" I askeds as I tried to standup almost falling over in the proccess. Dallas looked at me and gestured for me to follow him and I did.

"This my friend is my present, or rather my future's present which is my future-futures past which is your future. You get the point" he giggled, I litterally did not get the point, that was more confusing than how Anna was acting towards me.

"So, what are we doing here?" I assumed we were here for some amazing trip to the future. Instead I was greeted by a bright red sky and a destroyed city in the horizon.

"Welcome to the future Connor." He looked at me and invited me to move forward. The once beautiful walkway to the facility was now reduced to a cliff separating us from the main land.

"Where is Anna and the rest of the guys?" I asked as I looked around the facility searching for them.

"That my friend is the main dish for today's trip!" He opened his arms wide and led me to the world map. Which was now a tattered price of paper on the wall. He pointed on a specific part of the map, I recognized it as the Dayton Square.

"Dayton square, the big reveal starts here" he smirked at me "well then off we go!" He led my arm tightly "oh a little piece of advice,dont let future you see you otherwise you will disappear from reality! Or my reality, rather this reality. Jesus Christ you get me!" He kept rambling on

I thought about Dayton Square just the general location since I didn't want to specify things with how it was now. Everything was now reduced to a pile of rubble and smoke.

We reappeared behind a fallen hot dog stand and hid behind it. Dallas gestured for me to keep quiet and to look directly in front of us. I peeked my head out only to see a group of people kneeling blind folded in front of a man who knelt the same way who looked like me, he however was not blindfolded.. Behind him were military men all formed into one line holding their guns up towards the group of people.

"Here comes the best part!" Dallas whispered loudly into my ear.

One man pointed at a female, she was wearing a light blue jacket over a white tanktop which matched her pants. It was Risse. The man pointed his gun onto her face and bullets sprayed onto it. Soon enough crimson and pink mush covered the floor and her dilapidated body fell onto it.

"RISSE! Oh god Risse! No!" My future self shouted out loud, he squirmed around and tried to break free, but he was binded. He fell onto the solid asphalt and onenof this soldiers put him back on his knees.

"Now tell me Mr. Hunter" a man wearing a suit walked behind him started to talk "Will you cooperate?"

"Don't listen to him Connor! Get out of here!" I heard Rory shout from within the crowd.

"Uh-uh miss Travince. He is kneeling on top of a modified button which leads to your binds! If he moves you all get electrified to the point of death! And mister Hunter here wouldn't want that would he?" The man laughed and whispered into one military man's ear.

"Just let us go! We haven't done anything!" Future me shouted

"I'll take that as a no! Fire away!" He shouted and pointed to a woman who looked like Rory.

"For the future Connor!" Rory shouted as bullets sprayed across her body. She regenerated but it wasn't fast enough. Bullets went past her body across her chest and one bullet went through her head making her fall onto the floor dead.

"Rory!" He heaved "Rory!! You fucking bastards! I'll kill you!" He shouted

"Mr. Hunter we advise you to cooperate with us now that we have less than 5 people left. All innocent by the way, they can be saved by a simple yes"

"Fuck you!" He shouted and spat on his face. Saliva dribbled across his face into his chin then down onto the ground. He took out a handkerchief and started to wipe it.

"Well! It seems we need a little more 'brutal' convincing. Bring out the girl!" He ordered two men were carrying a girl who looked like Anna. She was blindfolded and also binded with the same binds as the others.

"Connor?! Where are you?" She squirmed attempting to break free from the hands of the men. One of them punched her in the face making her recoil and fall onto her knees. They placed her in front of my future self.

"Shoot her in the head" the man wearing a suit commanded.

"Wait no ill do anything just please stop. STOP!" Future me shouted

"Its okay, Connor, only you can change everything" Anna smiled. A loud BANG flew across the street. Her brains splattered across the asphalt soon enough her body covered it.

"No!....why!...WHY!" he shouted. His tears started to fall onto Anna's dilapidated body.

"Well, now you seem ready. Now show us this....infamous 'limitless' " the man commanded

"You...took everything from me..." He glared at the man "you want to see the 'limitless' well here you go!" A yellow spark came out from his eyes which constantly expanded creating a semi long yellow line which flew around the hs face.

"Hahahahahhaahha!" The man laughed loudly "We killed 3 women for a light show! Fantastic!" He laughed once again.

"What?! Is this 'limitless?' A little spark from my eyes?" I whispered to Dallas

"I suggest you duck. Not that it's going to hel-" he was cut of by the sound of breaking bones and a group of people shouting and screaming in agony.

"Welcome to the light show...bitch" he said calmly. Everything around me turned pitch black and I teleported Dallas and I back to the facility. Dallas held my arm tight and before the darkness swallowed us a bright white light blinded me and we were back in my present.

__________________________________

I love light shows :D leave us comments below I appreciate them all it gives me a sense of accomplishment
Ty for readinggggggg!!!!

I'll cya allll byèeeeeeee

|Sincerely, Author|