Chapter 09- "Training"

Recap:

"None of us here asked to receive these powers, some just wanted to live normal lives, but this disease prevented us from doing so." Rory concluded

"So what do we do now?" I said as I looked towards Connor now free from his binds. He started to walk around the room,he seems to be preparing for something although I don't know what.

"You see we have a mission, its not the easy type too" a mission, for what? So many questions flew by me "Its a mission of 'search and gather' type deal" she added.

"What are we looking for?" I asked, Connor looked at me while he was restocking his gun's ammo

"Find the defined , that's what we do." Connor replied still holding onto his wounds
________________________________________________________

Connor's POV

I walked around the east wing of the compound, I hadn't noticed it before but this place was actually quite big if it weren't for the military personnel occupying most of the grounds.

I went towards one of the research rooms and asked for Rory's location, sadly no one knew where their boss was, or what goes about in her head.

" My job, and the jobs of others would be a lot easier if our boss would just show up when ever we need her" I sighed out loud.

Risse was most likely in the simulation room, training her ass off, I never even knew we had one. 'Well since I had nothing else to do, why not visit it now?' I thought to myself but of course I was just trying to make an excuse to see her, then I started to walk towards the simulation room.

By the time I got there the door was locked shut, apparently this happens whenever a simulation was in progress. I heard Rory talk about this room once but of course I ignored her, I mean who wouldn't?

I waited until her simulation was over, me waiting for her, reminded me of that one time she was attending choir practice. She was sick that time but still she insisted on going, so I had to carry her all the way to the auditorium on my back, Jason was no where to be found as usual, but me and her had a fun time chatting whilst we walked.

"Oh, were you going to use the room?" Risse snapped me back to reality, she poked her head out of the door and looked at me. She was soaking with sweat, she tried to wipe it off with her towel but she was basically walking waterfall.

"Must be an intense simulation" I said jokingly pointing towards her face riddled with sweat. She did her hair up into a bun and gestured for me to go inside.

I went in and all the light started to dim out. Then a loud seemingly familiar voice shouted into the mic. "Alright let's go again Ris- where's Risse? Hey you Connor, where's Risse?" Rory commanded for me to answer her, I just shrugged back at her.

"Alright then, boys meet our veteran, Mr. Anarchist" she exclaimed "Let's give him a difficulty of level of....lets say....try 180%"

"Jesus Rory are you kidding me?!" I shouted, I tried to make her stop the simulation but she didn't listen. I guess I had to try either way, Risse looked over towards me by the window and gave me a thumbs up, this was her plan all along, that devilish woman!

3......2.......1....BEGIN

I though it wound just be cardboard men and timers but what went up from under the floor were two massive turrents, they pointed their laser sights towards my head making me sick in return just barely dodging the bullets which replaced the thin air where my head used to be.

"Are you trying to kill me!?" I shouted to the top of my lungs

"Probably, yes" she replied. Oh she knew how to tick me off, I'll show her that I can beat this petty simulation of hers that little ru-

Two more bullets came towards me cutting me off from my thoughts, I quickly reappeared on the edge of the room dodging both bullets which ricocheted across the room.

As the laser sights started to rearrange on me again, I reappeared behind one of the turrents and started to fiddle around on its control panel, I saw a big green button which was pushed in, it was probably the on switch, and another big blue button. I clicked the blue button and it turned off the laser sights, but before I could find out what happened a loud BANG flew across the room.

I quickly teleported far from both turrents as I saw a bullet fling by past where I had been. I had forgotten that the other turret was still actively trying to kill me, but it seems that I had managed to turn off the other there's sensors.

I reappeared behind the active turrents and did the same thing, I pushed the blue button and its laser sights went off.

"Don't celebrate yet, we have more in store for you!" Rory shouted happily

Then out from the floor in front of me five massive tesla coils emerged. I could almost hear the loud Bzzzzrrt go off as the platform slowly rose up from underneath me.

"Really Travince? Are you kidding me right now?"

A lightning bolt shot out from the leftmost tesla coils below me, I quickly moved right at it electrocuted the metal poles which slowly emerged from the platfrom I was standing on.

"Survive for 5 minutes and we turn this thing off, unless you want to try and reach for its control panel and do it yourself!" She exclaimed, of course I was going to do it myself who would want to be stuck in this situation?

A control panel rose up from the floor a few feet away from me, I teleported towards it, opened the hatch and pushed the red button.

"Argh fvck!" I felt a strong surge of electricity flow through me as I clicked the button

"Psyche! That was actually a really big joy buzzer!" Rory laughed loudly " I can't believe you fell for that!" She laughed even harder. I saw one tesla coil revving up a bolt towards me, I tried to teleport out of the way but every time I tried I could feel a huge bolt of electricity pass through me,making me scream out in pain.

"Woah woah woah,stop the simulation now!" Rory shouted

But she was too late, a bolt of electricity sprung up from the coil towards me making me shout out in pain

Arrrrrghhhhggg!

I slammed onto the flooring, I could hear Risse shout out my name, then I fell unconscious

____________________________________________________
Too long? Too short? Too many updates? No? Yes?
Leave your comments down beloooooowwww or anywhere here, but thank you very much for reading it means a lot to me!

Don't forget to vote on this chapter!
I'll cya all laterrrr

|Sincerely, Author|