Chapter 23: Till This Day We Run

Urgh...my head..

"Connor we have to run!" My vision is too blurry to identify anyone but I hear the voice with a load ringing in my ear. "Its no use drag him!" Another voice would say, I woukd then feel my body get drageed across the floor.

Hughk...

I clench my stomach, only to find out I had some form of metal sticking out of it. "Argh..this is going to hit me real bad" I say as I pull it out.

The immense pain would then rush through me. My senses would come back as well. The two voices I heard no longer figures. "Dallas, Risse....?!" Wait there is a third...looking away from me as I pulled out the piece of metal sticking from inside me. "Rory?!" I said outloud seeing Rory beside the two. She would turn back to look at me.

"I'll get you fixed up when we get to a safe place, right now we need to get the others out of their chains!" She said leaving me confused.

"Others?" Wait..of course the other people captured by the Markz "Right, the others.." I hiss as I put my hand over the wound im my abdomen. It wasnt critically large to say the least, nit enough to keep me down.

"Guys...Dead end.." Risse would say. She would then let my hand go and head towards some door.

"Dallas!" Rory called, Dallas knew what she was asking for

"Initial plan was to wait..so we wait" he replied

"How long?!" Risse asked, from her look she was worried, and I knew exactly why.

"Where is that bastard, Jason?" I asked everyone, they would all turn their heads towards me. Dallas was the only one to cut the silence

"Alive, kicking, and on his way" he replied

"Dammit, how many times do we have to kill the guy?!" I shouted, enraged at the fact that he was still breathing.

"I'd tell you the approximate but it seems as if the wait is over" he exclaimed.

From through the door a figure would pass. Risse, and with her was Anne

"Sis!" She said running towards Rory as they hugged "We gotta move!"

"No shit, did you get what I asked you to get Anna?" Dallas asked receiving a nod from Anna, she would then throw a syringe towards him.

"Stay still, look pretty" Dallas said jokingly as he abruptly stabbed the syringe into my lower abdomen.

Aahrgh!

I shouted "Jesus! You didn't need to stab me with it!"

"Id rather not risk the possibility of a premature healing" Dallas said with a smirk

"Come on you two lets get moving!" Rory shouted

I stood up clenching my fist as the pain subsided, we all then began ti run down the corridor. We would pass through several cells a few were empty but the ones that were occupied were clearly brutally used.

"Shit! We got incoming!" I alerted the rest. Three armed scientists would then rush us and easily knock Dallas aside. Rory would try to put up a fight but we forget were nothing but college students. The scientist to the left would then continuously fire at Rory's leg, no bullet unspent.

"Rory!" I shouted as I charged towards the scientist who shot her.

"Get off me freak!" He then knocked me back with a quick push if his gun.

"Rory! Let me help!" Risse would say as she tried to stop the bleeding from Rory's leg

"This'll heal! Help the Dallas, hes in more in need than I am!" She said with a hiss. True enough her wounds were slowly healing

"Dammit!" I shouted in rage wishing I could use my abilities "Rory how are you able to regenerate, I thought there was some sound blocking out our abilities?"

"There is, it seems like he did something to weaken yours though" She replied.

"Shoot em!" The scientist to the right said as he pointed his gun at me. From behind him Dallas would appear punching him hard in the head knocking him down but not out.

"That means...Risse and Anne help me with these two!" I shouted

I charged at the scientist to the left grappling him into a bear hug. "Anne shock him!" I shouted receiving a worried look from her.

"But that wil-"

"Dont think just do it!" I interrupted

She lunged as us holding up teo fingers as a stroke of electricity would flow through his body. Sparks of ember would fly past my face and the faint smell of burning rubber would soon replace the air.

"Are you ok?!" She asked as I let go of the now unconcious and probably dead man

"Lets keep moving" I said, taking a quick look at the man before turning to Risse

"I got him!" She said as she passed through his body kicking his unguarded back. Dallas would catch him as he fell forward and punch him in the jaw

"Dallas?" Anna called for him this time

"You bunch cant do anything without me...Take a left when we reach the end of this corridor we shoukd find the control room." He replied "be careful there, ill stay head right to get us a quick escape" he added befire pointing forward

"Connor can you handle getting the control panels in place?" Rory asked

"Yeah definitely!" I replied, feeling confident of my luck as of late.

"Risse and I will stay behind stop the tracks of whoever's following, you get those cells opened"

"Got it" I replied as we arrived at the separation of the corridors "Meet you guys at the exit!"

"Will do!" Dallas nodded Anne quickly followed him as they split from the group heading right.

"Get the cells open Connor." Risse commanded as her and Rory would stop in their tracks and stand where they stopped.

"Count on it" I replied as I took a steep left

Were leaving this place! Thats all there is to it!

____________________________________________________

This story is about to come to an end , though be sure to keep posted for more incoming, I already have the plot coming for the Second part of the story readied up :)

Dont forget to favorite this chapter, leave a little love :) and maybe share it with friends!

Ttyl

|Sincerely, Author|