Chapter 1

"Hi, Lauren! Good to see you, come in." John said followed by a deep hug.

"Thanks, sorry for the short notice, but a friend of mine needed some help very urgently, and I couldn't find a place to stay." I sighed and he politely took my coat from me.

"You should really see a doctor, being able to read minds isn't a normal thing." he said and I chuckled.

"But it makes me money, so why should I? This is a really nice place, I like it." I replied as I followed him up the stairs.

"I must warn you for my roommate though, he can be quite...extreme." John said and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm used to alot, so this won't be anything." I said but when he opened the door...

I screamed as hard as I could and I hid behind John's shoulder.

"Oh hello John, why didn't you tell me we had a guest. I would've hid my experiment with the snakes." a long guy with brown curls said as he placed the snake in its cage.

"Sherlock this is my niece, Lauren. She needed a place to stay, and I thought that she could maybe borrow 221C for like a week." John said and Sherlock quickly shook my hand.

"I wouldn't risk that if I were her, people say the place has been haunted for years." he said, I read something else.

She cannot stay here, she will ruin the case, I need my complete silence.

"Tell me more about your project, Sherlock...Holmes." I said as I sat down on a chair.

"John, why does this woman know about our case?" Sherlock asked, I raised my eyebrows.

"This woman has a name, and a snake couldn't have done it. The marks in the neck of the victim had a different pattern. He was probably strangled, but with gloves so there wouldn't be any DNA left on the victim's neck. Bam, case closed!" I exclaimed and he raised his eyebrows.

"But it was in the jungle, and how did you get that information?" Sherlock asked and I raised my shoulders, acting like I didn't know.

"Who says that snakes are the only thing that will strangle people in the jungle. And now go tell your boss you solved the case and get that snake out of here." I said and he kneeled down in front of me.

"How can she do this? I am amazed, tell me, who gave you this information?!" he exclaimed and I chuckled.

"I got it from you, and some personal knowledge. Come on, snakes would by the way eat their pray, not leave them on the ground, duh?!" I said and he made a confused face.

"Sherlock, she can read minds, and see pictures of what you're thinking." John said and he raised his eyebrows.

"I don't believe you, prove it." he hissed and I raised my eyebrows.

"Name of victim, James Vandoche. Was on a trip with family, went to take a leak, and then bam, murdered. You have researched his family for heart diseases, everyone was perfectly healthy, you thought it must've been a snake, because he had a past without any hatred, turns out you were wrong." I said as I looked at my nails again.

"Okay, cool mind tricks, what else can you do?" he asked and he sat down on the couch opposite of me.

"I don't know, probably something, but I haven't figured it out yet." I said and John raised his eyebrows.

"John, why have you never told me about your niece she could've been very very helpful." Sherlock said and he glared at John.

"She's young, I don't want her being involved with the kind of things we deal with." John said as he rubbed my shoulder.

"She isn't. I was trying to solve a case as a kid, a boy who died in a swimming pool, Carl Powers. But back to the point, you're never too young to deal with murder." Sherlock said but John placed both his hands on my ears.

Wow John, yeah that'll work. Make sure the mind reading girl can't hear anything...