Chapter 3

"Speak one word to Sherlock or your uncle about me, and they're both dead." he said as he gently lowered his gun.

"Sure, and by the way, tell all your pony friends I said hi." I said before walking out of the building.

"I'm so sassy!" I exclaimed giggling before starting to walk home.

I then felt my phone in my pocket, why is uncle calling me at....12:30...maybe that's why....

"Yeah hi, Lauren here." I said and I heard a worried sigh coming from my uncle.

"We need you, Sherlock and I need your help with a case. Sherlock didn't want you to help but we do need your help. I'll come pick you up, where are you at the moment?" he asked and I nervously laughed.

"No idea, I think you have to track me down." I sighed and I heard alot of fumbling in the background.

"Sherlock will come and pick you up." John said and I sighed.

"Okay, bye uncle." I said and I quickly hung up.

Great...

I just started walking, I'm quite hungry actually, haven't eaten anything today...

Nah, I'll wait for a bit, I can manage.

After ten minutes of lonely walking, and past some clubs a saw a man walking towards me.

I couldn't get into his mind, it could be because of alchohol or the use of drugs one of those two.

"Well, hello sexy lady." the guy said and he grabbed my arm.

"Let me go." I mumbled and I tried to break free from his grip.

When I can't read someone's mind, I get scared, mind reading is what I do, without it I'm hopeless.

He then grabbed me by my face and kissed me hard, the smell of alchohol filled the air, I almost gagged in disgust.

I tried to pull back, but his grip was too tight.

I heard a cabby stop, and the guy was pulled away from me.

I saw someone pushing the drunk guy in the jaw.

The drunk guy fell to the ground, uncouncious, I dashed away from the man.

"Are you okay? You don't seem okay." he said, Sherlock!

I immediately hugged him, as tight as I possibly could.

"Thank you, thank you so much." I mumbled and he carefully placed one hand on my back, it felt like he didn't know what to do.

"Let's go to the lab, I need your help with a new case, I got it all of a sudden, via phone message." he said, and he politely held the door of the cab open for me.

I climbed in, and he sat down next to me.

"Woman, 40 year old, died in the middle of her 40th birthday party. Was not a heart attack, was no heart disease at all. We thought you could maybe read her mind to find out what happened to her." Sherlock said and I sighed.

"I don't know if I can read the mind of a dead person, but I'll try." I sighed and I grabbed my phone.

MM: Not a word.

"Who's that?" Sherlock asked looking over my shoulder.

"Can't tell you, I care for your safety." I sighed and I handed him my phone.

"MM will stand for the first and last name of a person, but who runs by the initials of MM." he sighed but I shook my head.

"Mystery. Man." I replied and hw sighed.

"Does he go with more names than that?" he asked and I nodded.

"I also called him the my little pony of herbs." I wispered and he chuckled.

"Oh, I know who you're talking about." he said smiling, but I sighed.

"No, no, no, no, no, if I told you or uncle John about him...he'd kill you."  I wispered and he chuckled.

"I'd like to see him try, last time it didn't work out for him, I'll be fine." he said and he smiled at me.

Wow, he actually smiled at me...