Chapter 24

(9 months later)

"Do you wanna hold her?" I asked to the Sherlock sitting on a chair next to the bed.

"No, no, no, if I just hold her the wrong way her neck it's not good-" he said and I cut him off by placing the little girl into his arms.

"She's so light, so tiny, so fragile." he mumbled looking at the crying girl.

"Shh, daddy's here, stop crying, shh." Sherlock said, the crying didn't stop.

"I think it's broken, Lauren." he said making me giggle.

"Babies don't just do what you ask them to, don't expect her to say anything. I could read her mind, but it hasn't really got any human words only pictures." I said and I poked her little nose.

"Hey Lexi, look, it's daddy. It's me, you recognize me? I'm the voice that has been trying to make mommy relax for about nine months." he said as he gently rocked her back and forth in his arms.

"Excuse me, mr. Holmes, we might have to weigh her and see if there are any mistakes." a nurse said but Sherlock turned away from her.

"Just give me a few more minutes." he whispered and I smiled at Sherlock.

"Hey, it's for the best, we need to know if she's healthy." I said but Sherlock sighed.

"Just give me a minute." he said and he hugged the little girl close.

He then handed the baby to the nurse, but following every movement that was made in this room very careful.

After five minutes the nurse handed Lexi to me, and I looked at Sherlock.

"You wanna hold her again?" I asked and he nodded.

"If I may." he said and I gently handed the little girl to him again.

"Nurse, could you maybe get some family in?" I asked and she nodded.

Only a few seconds later John burst in followed by Lestrade, mrs. Hudson and Mary.

"Sherlock has her." I said and John immediately chuckled.

"I would've never thought that Sherlock Holmes would want to hold a baby." he said, I nodded agreeing.

"It's different when it's my own." Sherlock mumbled and I smiled.

"Those two will become unseperatable when they grow up." Lestrade said, everyone agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lauren?!" I heard Sherlock yell from the bathroom, what's going on.

I ran into the bathroom to see my husband and little daughter having a bath.

"She got me so wet by splashing her toys around that I decided to just join her." he said proudly and I rolled my eyes.

"That's why I needed to be here?" I asked but he shook his head.

"How do you wash a baby?" he asked making me sigh.

I kneeled down next to the bath and I grabbed the baby shampoo.

I put some on my hands before gently rubbing it into the tiny bit of hair Lexi has.

She squeeled happily as she grabbed some bubbles off her head.

"Hey, darling, I'll go wash her off. Can you get her little towel?" he asked and I happily nodded.

I grabbed the little pink towel from her room and I walked back to the bathroom where Sherlock handed me the child.

I gently dried her off, before wrapping her into the towel and taking her to the living room.

"Sherlock?! Go get her some clothes?!" I yelled, I then turned to the little girl again.

She looked like her father, a tiny bit of brown curls and blue eyes.

Sherlock came back still only wearing some jeans. He did have some clothes for Lexi.

He helped me get her dressed, before walking into the kitchen to get her a bottle.

"Sherlock, have we told Mycroft or your parents about Lexi yet?" I asked making him sigh.

"Nope, but knowing Mycroft he'll be here in a second." Sherlock said and he quickly put a shirt on before walking to the door.

He counted down from three on his fingers, when he was done there were three knocks on the door.

"Mycroft, come in." Sherlock said as he opened the door.

Sherlock then already grabbed Lexi and started giving her the bottle.

"So a daughter?" Mycroft questioned and Sherlock nodded.

"Lexi Holmes. Now one week old, and she means everything to me." Sherlock said and he quickly pecked my lips before sitting down in his chair.

"I see, I'm just guessing your guys' marriage is going pretty well then." he said and I quickly nodded.

"Yeah, the family's doing amazing!" I replied happily looking at Sherlock and Lexi.