Chapter 25

(3 years later)

"When is mommy coming back from holiday?" my daughter asked, oh god, every single day.

"Mommy will be gone for a very long time, sweetie." I said and she sighed.

"I miss mommy, can't we just call her?" little Lexi asked but I shook my head.

"No, we can't." I replied, she sighed.

It has been exactly two years now, the day my wife died, all because of me!?

I let her go outside alone, Moriarty got her, and held her in his 'place'. He was planning to feed her just enough to survive, but what he miscalculated everything. So the 'starving' was too extreme, and Lauren died there...

Of course I couldn't tell Lexi, she's too young, too tiny, too fragile.

"Daddy, why are you sad?" Lexi asked, she is such a happy little girl, you just can't tell her 'no'.

"No reason." I lied, she quickly ran over to the kitchen table.

"I made this for mommy, can we put it in the map for when she comes back?" she asked as she held a drawing of herself, me and Lauren up.

"Yes, Lexi, I actuallty wanna tell you something..." I sighed, the lump in my throath was growing by second.

"What is it, daddy?" she asked as she climbed onto John's chair.

"Mommy is not coming back. Never." I said and I quickly wiped all the tears out of my eyes.

She then gently handed me the drawing and she climbed next to me on the couch.

"Daddy, why couldn't I say goodbye?" she asked and I sighed.

"Because she didn't tell me she was leaving." I replied, she climbed onto me and hugged me tight.

"But why are you sad if you know that mommy will always love you." she said, I sighed.

"I honestly have no idea..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello Molly, how are you?" I asked as I placed Lexi down on a countertop.

"I'm great, thank you. How are things going at home?" she asked making me sigh.

"Fine... Lexi's doing great, so I'm happy." I replied and I saw the little girl trying to jump off the countertop.

I gently helped her off, and I handed her a coloring book and some crayons.

"You really don't wanna leave her alone, don't you?" Molly asked making me sigh.

"I already lost Lauren, I couldn't handle losing Lexi, she is all I have left." I groaned before grabbing my microscope.

"Daddy, I'm hungry." Lexi sighed, I quickly walked over to my bag.

"I got a cookie and an apple cut in little pieces, which one do you want?" I asked and she smiled, apples are her favourite thing in the whole world.

"Apple!?" she exclaimed and I handed her the bits of apple.

"Daddy, can we draw together?" she then asked and I sighed.

"Sure, but after that, daddy's gotta work." I replied before sitting down on the floor and placing her onto my lap.

She started coloring while I tried to help her color between the lines.

I heard the door open and I saw Lestrade coming in.

"Hello Lestrade." I said shortly, Lexi quickly pulled my head towards her coloring again.

"I got you a new case, Moriarty tried to break in again." Lestrade said happily but I sighed.

"I'm not interested. Let someone else do it, I'm done with Moriarty." I replied making him sigh.

"Daddy, can I color the horse pink?" Lexi asked and I quickly smiled.

"Of course you can!" I said before turning to Lestrade again.

"Look, I'm not even gonna bother about Moriarty, he can just go away and leave me alone." I groaned, Molly agreed with me.

"Jim is trying to wreck Sherlock in every way possible. He has already gone too far, I understand that Sherlock doesn't want him around in his life anymore." Molly said and I nodded agreeing.

"He can just,-" I quickly placed my hands onto Lexi her ears, "f*ck off."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A loud scream filled 221B, I ran over to Lexi her room, she was pointing at her window.

"I saw a man, he looked very scary." she sniffed, I quickly sat down next to her in her pink little bed.

"Don't worry, daddy's here now, you're safe with me." I whispered and I quickly kissed the top of her head.

"Can you stay here with me?" she asked, I nodded.

"Of course, do you maybe want some hot chocolate to ease the shock?" I asked and she nodded.

She stepped out of her bed, her pink princess pajamas being way too big, and her stuffed monkey held tightly.

I would always offer Lauren hot chocolate when she would have nightmares, which she had almost every night. But she always said it was bad for you, I don't really believe her, it always works on Lexi...

I handed Lexi her hot chocolate and we both walked over to the couch.

Once she had finished her drink she layed down on the couch and fell asleep.

I snuggled up against her tiny body, and hugged her tight.

Nobody will ever harm my family, never again...

Holy sh*t...
I cried, I cried so many times.

I actually finished this story on the 19th of october 2015, that's even before I published the first part of this story!?

I have an other Sherlock fanfic on my account that you can also check out!

I wanna thank you for reading this, and please leave a comment on what you thoughts were on this story.

Thank you so much,
Love Melina💕