Chapter 16

"Lauren."
"Lauren?"
"Lauren?!"
"I know you hate me right now, but I need you to at least listen to me." Sherlock said but I sighed.

"Uhhhm... No." I said not looking away from my book.

"I've missed you... I've missed you so much..." he said, not showing any emotions.

"O. K." I replied, he groaned.

"Can't we go back from where we stopped?" he asked, I mentally facepalmed.

"Uhmmm... Nope." I said, he let himself fall down on his chair again.

"I thought I would at least get a hug from you, I expected John to be mad, that's just how he is. What's up with his moustache by the way, he looks older, I think he actually should shave. And what is up with his girlfriend, after years of trying to get him a boyfriend he finds a girl. She looks cool, looks nice. But John could get better, honestly." Sherlock said and he looked at me.

"If you want John to yourself you should try and ask." I said with a sarcastic smile making him sigh.

"Why haven't you read my mind yet, is there something wrong?" he asked but I shook my head.

"I don't think it's necessary, why should I?" I sighed and he kneeled down in front of me.

"Read it." Sherlock hissed.

"No." I replied.

"Read it."

"No!

"Read it!"

"No!

"Read it!?"

"No?!"

"What on earth is going on here?!" mrs. Hudson yelled as she knocked on the door.

"Nothing, mrs. Hudson, we're just having a bit of drama. Please leave." Sherlock said and he placed one hand on my mouth.

I tried to break free from his grasp but he swiftly pressed my back against his chest.

"Just listen to me, I need to give you something, and tell you something really important." he wispered and I started licking his hand.

"You. Are. Such. A. Child." he sighed making me giggle.

"But I wanted to give you something, I brought it from Serbia, it reminded me of you." he said and he handed me a small box.

Me being speechless, he has thought of me... While I cried for him...

I carefully opened the box and I saw a small mettalic grey heart with the word 'mine' on it.

"You were mine, I thought it was cute. And I know you're not the girliest girl so I chose the mettalic grey one." he said and I gently put it on.

"You are way too charming, this is really, really sweet. I have to admit, it's really hard not to hug you right now." I sighed making him chuckle.

"Nobody's stopping you." he said as he strechted his arms out towards me.

I ran into his arms, and I sniffed onto his shoulder.

"You were dead, you were f*cking dead." I cried and he rubbed my back soothingly.

"Just let it all out, it's okay." he whispered and he kissed my cheek, letting his lips linger on my cheek.

We stood there for like five minutes when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll go get it." I said and I took my distance from him.

I walked to the door and I opened it, being greeted by a tall man, he looked quite old.

"Mycroft, always marvellous to see you." Sherlock groaned and the man loved.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to this lady?" Mycroft asked gesturing to me.

"Lauren, Mycroft. Mycroft, Lauren." Sherlock said as he grabbed the newspaper.

"Lauren Watson, niece of John Watson." I said and I shook Mycroft's hand.

"Mycroft Holmes, the brother of Sherlock Holmes." Mycroft said and I politely smiled.

"So Sherlock, are you ready for a new case, brotherdear." Mycroft said and Sherlock sighed.

"Sure, would you maybe mind taking some distance from Lauren, she has a boyfriend." Sherlock groaned as he stood up.

"I don't! Sherlock?!" I yelled making him grin.

I just blushed and walked into the kitchen, I just knew both men were looking at me.

"I know both of you are staring and thinking about me, it's distracting, please stop." I said as I turned around with crossed arms.

"How can she know those kinds of things?" Mycroft asked Sherlock making me and Sherlock laugh.

"She can read minds, and sometimes place her thoughts into other people's minds. Quite cool, don't you think?" Sherlock said and I sighed.

"Stop! You're embaressing me!" I exclaimed and I punched his arm playfully.

"But you can?" Mycroft asked and I nodded as I sat down on Sherlock's chair.

"Yes. You have heard of me, but thought I was just a girl looking for attention, so you ignored all the news. You knew my face when I walked in, so you started thinking that Sherlock was trying to see if it was all a lie, but no. I am just his... Temprorary roommate, I guess." I said and I took a bite from my apple.

"Just roommates? Why did you choose to live with my little brother? Any specific reasons?" Mycroft asked, I raised my shoulders.

"Nah, we're a pretty good team though, he being just his Sherlocky self, and me. I also have some medical knowledge because I have done medical school, so uncle John has been replaced." I said and Mycroft raised his shoulders.

"And Sherlock, I have a suprise for you." Mycroft said and only one second later I heard knocks on our door.

Sherlock walked to the door, and I saw two older people.

"Mom, dad, hi!" Sherlock said and he shook both their hands.

"I want you to meet Lauren, my girlfriend." Sherlock said smiling and he held out one hand to me.