3: The Elder Hale

STILES
The man that stood in front of him was similar, yet totally different to Scott. He had the same black hair and thick eyebrows but everything else was different. He had hazel-green eyes that had a cold, hard look about them. He had high cheekbones that were bordered by thick, dark stubble. His jaw was angular and sharp like it could cut skin and his lips were a light pink colour. He wasn't as tanned as Scott and didn't have the puppy-like aura to him. This man really was a wolf, he scared Stiles but drew him in at the same time.

Derek Hale was dressed in a leather jacket, a gray v-neck tee and black skinny jeans. His clothes gave away that he was muscular, the way they were tight on his pectorals and thigh muscles. He looked like the bad boy that all the girls want and all the guys are terrified of in the movies.

All the girls including Stiles.

"Scott." He nodded at him.
"Hey, Derek." Scott said, nonchalant. Derek's head turned deliberately to look at Stiles, those eyes piercing his head.
"I'm uh, Stiles. It's nice to m-meet you."

Stiles was trying so hard not to let his nerves get the better of him but the mixture of fear and attraction he was feeling towards the werewolf in front of him was overwhelming. Derek simply stared at him for a few moments, as if sussing him out. Stiles thought he might start profusely sweating if he didn't stop soon.

"Um- would you like to come in?" Stiles mentally praised himself for hardly screwing up at least once sentence. Derek said nothing, but nodded. The two younger boys joined Stiles' fathers back in the living room, Derek in tow. The minute his parents laid eyes on the elder Hale, they shared an eyebrows-raised look.

"Mr. Dean and Mr. Castiel, this is my brother Derek. Derek, these are Stiles' parents, Mr and Mr. Winchester." Stiles stifled a laugh that he saw his dad suppressing too at Scott's introduction of the couple. He'd never heard the word mister used so many times in one breath.

Derek approached the two men and held out a hand.
"Derek Hale. Thank you for having my brother for dinner. I hope he wasn't any trouble." Derek's voice was heavenly, it was commanding and Stiles felt an urge to record it and listen to it for hours.

"Castiel Winchester. Scott was a pleasure." He gave Derek a small smile as he shook his hand.
"Dean Winchester. Listen, I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. Scott told you what happened and I just wanna confirm, if you don't have a problem neither do we."
"Understood." Derek held Stiles' dad's unwavering gaze. There seemed to be some sort of unannounced staring competition going on between them.

Stiles tried to lighten the room.
"Thanks for coming, Scott. It was fun." He grinned at him genuinely. Scott returned it.
"Yeah man. I'll text you." They bumped fists and Derek shook both his fathers' hands again before leaving. "Thanks a lot for having me Mr. Dean and Mr. Castiel."
"You're welcome back any time, Scott." Cas replied.
"See ya around, Scott." Dean shared a casual handshake with him.

Stiles saw the two to the door.
"I'm so sorry about what happened, Scott." Stiles apologised.
"Seriously, it's fine, I totally understand." Scott placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"Uh, nice meeting you Derek." Derek looked surprised that Stiles had spoken to him.
"Likewise, Stiles." The sound of Derek saying his name replayed in his head.

"You'll have to come to ours next time!" Scott slapped him on the back and waved, making his way to the shiny black car. He saw Derek hadn't followed. Derek was eyeing up the Impala.
"Your dad's?" He asked.
"Yeah. He sounded pretty enthusiastic about yours too." Stiles wasn't sure if it was the street light playing tricks on his eyes, but he could have sworn he saw the corners of Derek's mouth twitch up. They nodded their goodbyes and the Hale brothers pulled away from the sidewalk. Stiles watched the car disappear up the street.

"Don't even bother." He jumped a mile in the air at the sound of his dad's voice in his ear.
"Jesus, dad!"
"Stiles!" Castiel shouted from inside.
"Sorry, pa!" Stiles yelled, closing the door. "Don't even bother with what, dad." He hardly even phrased it as a question.
"Big Hale. I saw you lookin' at him with googly eyes." It was easy to forget how perceptive the ex-hunter was. He flushed pink.

"I wasn't."
"You're a shitty liar, kid." Dean pat him on the back and went to join his husband, leaving him to be embarrassed. Stiles yawned and dragged himself up the stairs to his room. He pulled his shirt and jeans off, leaving his boxers on and putting on the superman t-shirt he always slept in.

Flopping on the bed he tried to push the recurring images of Scott's brother flashing through his mind. The way his mouth moved when he spoke, the way his eyes felt on him, the way his name sounded on his tongue.
'Stiles.'
He had to distract himself so he pulled his laptop from under his pillows and opened it. He went on Tumblr and scrolled through his dashboard. He reblogged a few pictures of Heath Ledger, his secret celebrity crush, and laughed at a few funny memes and videos.

His eyes fell on a picture of a model who had stubble and dark hair like Derek. Stiles' mind was back in the gutter. He gave up trying to ignore his thoughts and shut his laptop and lay back and let his brain run wild. He thought about ridiculously unlikely scenarios. He pictured being at Scott's and going to use the bathroom and walking in on Derek showering. He pictured being stranded at school, his dad unable to pick him up and Derek offering him a ride.
'Don't even bother.'