Chapter 1

Rose point of view:

Finally, the royal ball was over. Well almost over, the after-party would have sounded better if it wasn't for the fact that I was completely wasted. I barely could stand in my 2 feet, but this was all Lissa's fault for inviting me to a royal event and giving me 4 tequilas, 2 scotches, 1 margarita, and a fruity drink that was packed with vodka. I was ready to party all night. However, Dimitri would remind me of a massive headache I would have in the morning.

"We should have gone to the party. I would have like to dance with you a little bit more. Come on we can still go back," I said while kissing his cheek. We were walking to royal housing. Which had been our home for a couple of days since our house was being remodeled?

"Rose, your normal self would kill me if I was to let you come close to another drink, or to another dance floor. You are in no condition to be dancing, let alone in public." He was so caring and worried about me. He won't let me do anything that would hurt me. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to go back to the party for a little longer.

"Ok, if we can't go back, can we have just one more dance here?" I asked while extending my arms to him. He responded, and placed his hands on my waist. "When a man loves a woman...," I started singing, and Dimitri started laughing. "Oh Roza," he kissed my hair, and we started moving slowly side to side. "What? Isn't it true? Don't you love me, comrade?" I picked up my face and our eyes met. "Of course, Rose. This man loves his woman," he gave me another passionate kiss on my lips. The time was perfect. The sun was rising, and I could see his handsome features.

As we were moving side to side, I felt pain in my chest. However, I thought it was just because of how drunk I was, so I decided not to alert Dimitri. "So what do you think? Should we go back?" I asked catching my breath.

"Rose are you ok?" he moved a little bit back to see all my features.

"Yeah, it's just my chest," then I lost my balance. Dimitri caught me and laid me on the grass.

"Rose, Rose!" he screamed.

The pain was getting worse and worse with every second. I could feel as if a knife was piercing my skin. Then I saw my hand, it was covered in blood and so was my dress. It felt just as before when Robert used spirit in my dream to put a force field around himself.

I was suffocating, I tried to scream but I couldn't. I could only hear Dimitri screaming. "Rose, Roza look at me! Stay with me!" then he tapped on his guardian hear peace. "Guardian Hathaway, this is Guardian Belikov. I need medical assistance outside of the the the royal housing. Roza, please stay with me!" he took his scarf and pressed it against my opened wound. Black spots were obscuring my vision, and then with my last breath, I whispered. "I will always love you." Then it all went black.

Dimitri's point of view:

I was panicking, my Roza was bleeding to death, and I couldn't do anything. "Rose, Roza! Stay with me!" I pressed my scarf on top of her heart. Then she whispered her last words, "I will always love you" then she went unconscious. Tears were running down my cheeks. "Don't you dare die on me Rose," I cried."Please wake up!" I begged. Her heart was slowing down. She didn't have much time.

"Over there!" The doctors finally came, and so did Abe and Janine. "Rose!" Janine screamed as she and Abe ran as fast as they could to their daughter. "We need to get her to the hospital as soon as possible or she won't make it!" a doctor said while taking out a needle. "Now help me get her on the bed" Abe and two guys helped me pick Rose up gently.

I was about to get inside the ambulance when someone grabbed my shoulder. "Stay away Belikov," Abe said while pulling me back. "I will not let her alone!" I turn towards him. "Calm down. We have to get her to the hospital, and only one can come," the doctor said. "I will go, tell the others, and I will wait for you two there," Janine said just before the ambulance doors closed and she left.