Chapter 26

Rose's point of view:

I woke up to see a bright light illuminating all around me. It was a faint yellow flickering light that just called for me. As I turned around I found Dimitri staring straight at me with fear in his eyes. Then I remember what happened. I had brought a Srigoi back, and I need to help him. "Where is he?" I asked getting up. My dress was tipped in the side and Was showing one of my legs but I didn't care.

I looked around realizing that I was not close to were the strigoi had found us but instead somewhere safe. I looked around and then located the forest that was where I had brought back the once strigoi. I got up from where I was laying down and started to run towards the woods. "Rose!" Lissa came running to me and hugged me keeping me from running away.

"Lissa I have to leave. I have to save James, he is scared," I pulled away and started running towards the forest. I didn't know why but all I had in my head was his voice. I had to protect him to show him he wasn't a Strigoi. It was like a conation. When I ran the stake into his chest all his memories ran through my head. I guess that it was just like when Lissa brought back Dimitri. That she cared about him so much. I was just about to enter into the woods when I was stopped by Dimitri.

"Rose you can't leave. You can burly stand upright. There is to many Strigoi out there, and they will come back for us," he said gently touching my arms. "No Dimitri I can fight them all. I Won't let them hurt him," I pushed him away, but he didn't flinch.

"Rose we have to leave," Lissa said while coming next to me. I pulled away forever Dimitri and started running, as fast and as far as possible. I was starting to get lost in the forest when I was encountered by Dimitri once again.

"Roza, we have to leave," He said trying to make me understand now speaking in a more serious tone. But nothing was going to change my mind. I wasn't going to be stopped, and let alone by my boyfriend. I started running away when Dimitri pinned me to a tree nearby. "Rose we have to Go!!" he was using his guardian's voice, but it didn't stop my mind from focusing on my final goal. I kicked one of his legs and it caught him by surprise. However, my next attack wasn't a surprise, because once I tried to run again he stepped on my dress causing me to hit the dirty, moist, and muddy ground. He pinned me to the ground and my escape became harder. "Dimitri. I have to protect him!!!!" I screamed in agony.

Then I was pulled into James's head. He was shaking and didn't know where to go. "Well, well, well. The most powerful Jame is shaking of fear. That's a first." 4 strigoi came and started making a circle around him. "No!!!" I screamed. I couldn't protect him, I couldn't kill the Srigois. They came closer to him and one of them came from the back. They started throwing him around and I feel all his pain. Agony. Fear. Unable to react.

"Too bad, you were turned back but I will find the Girl. Not like you JAMES," a cracking sound bounced around my subconscious. I returned to my body and stopped struggling. Because there was nothing else to do. James was decapitated. I failed. "No....." I screamed rolling into a small ball in Dimitri's arms.

Dimitri didn't say anything. He just carried me to the truck. Lissa was at my side trying not to break the silence and I was grateful for that. Nobody other than Dimitri touched me or asked me any questions. I was just repeating the scene that just had happened. (You were supposed to save him) I reminded myself. Once we got to the house Sydney and Adrian were waiting for us in the doorsteps of the house.

"Rose are you?" Adrian said while coming in front of me. "I don't think it's the best time of questions," Christian said while slowly taking Adrian's arm. They stepped back and with Dimitri, in my right and Lissa in my left I got upstairs to my room. Lissa tucked me into my bed and turned off the light. I was so tired I didn't change or tuck off my hairpins before I was in a deep needed sleep.