Chapter 8

Rose's point of view:

Have you ever had one of those nights where you wake up in the middle of the night for no reason? You try to go back to sleep but you know that in a couple of hours you will have to wake up. Well, that is what happened to me at 1:00 am. It was so weird. I was tired, however, I couldn't go back to sleep. I could hear one of the cars being parked in the front of the house as I rubbed my eyes.

Dimitri had bin planning and packing for our new location. We were just waiting for Abe to answer our call. Edgar had brought me a pair of churches, but I was scared of even touching them. Every little movement backfired on my ankle. I was hesitant about getting up to the restroom. Honestly, I didn't know how I was going to get to the car from her. Dimitri would surely carry me if I asked him, but I don't want him to feel worst because of how I felt.

I close my eyes and after many attempts, I fell asleep. Then moments later I was shaken out of my sleep. "Rosemary it's time to go," Edgar said. He already had the crutches ready for me to support myself with. I tuck the covers off of me and pointed at my closet. "Can you do me a favor. Can you please get me my leather jacket, my boots, and Abe's blue scarf". Edgar without hesitation goose inside my closet and got me the items I recurred. I slowly put on my jacket and carefully put on one of my boot on my good foot. I grab the blue scarf that Abe once gave me, and smelled the strong scent of his colon.

The getting dressed part was easy, but the hard part was next. Just picking up my foot made a little scream come out. "Rosemary, take it slow, we have time". Edgar gave me his hand so that I could turn my body around. The pain was unbelievable, every little movement hurt like a Bitch!. It was finally time for me to get out of bed and I clung onto the covers for support. At first, I became dizzy, but then the dizziness was replaced with more pain. "Just give me a second," I said trying to stay on my foot.

Walking the first step hurt more than expected. The crutches were digging into my armpits, and I tried my best not to drag my foot on the ground. Getting the hang of it was the hardest part. Every 3 steps I would pause to stop my self from tripping over while Edgar was always next to me in case I lost my balance.

After 10 minutes I got to the beginning of the state case, and there was Dimitri. "Rose let me care you to the car," Dimitri said coming closer. I wanted to be as independent as I cued, but I knew I couldn't get down the stairs without falling over my crutches. I smiled at Dimitri, and he quickly swept me off my feet. Every step he took was traumatic to my ribs. It felt like my intestines were going to come out. At the bottom of the stars, I made Dimitri stop and put me down because he caring me was more painful than me getting myself to the car.

Edgar and William were bringing the last suitcases from the rooms, while I and Dimitri were in the doorway of the house. 'Just 20 feet away from rose you can do this' I said to myself trying to encourage myself. Then out of nowhere, a fireball develops in front of us. I and Dimitri were thrown back against the stone and glass doorway.

I landed on top of a giant stone and I had to say it was the worst. Dimitri was inconsistent a few inches from me as I started to panic a little. "Dimitri," I said crawling to him. He was on the stone ground with a cut on his head. In a second he opened his eyes and quickly went into guardian mode.

"Roza, are you injured," he said coming in front of me protecting me while checking if I had any new scratches.

"Don't worry about me, you ok?" I said touching his cut.

"We have to get inside" he came close and wrapped his arms around my body. Once he picked me up all the pain finally kicked in. I squished my hand around Abe's scarf, and bite my lip.