Chapter 20

Rose's point of view

"Adrian we are here wake up!" Sydney said while throwing her purse at Adrian. He was startled as he pulled his jacked off his face and then looked around surprised o were he was. "What the hell Sage. You couldn't just try to wake me up without cosign me any pain!" Adrian moved his neck and looked out the car window.

"Yeah, yeah now get out and say hello to Rose," Sydney said embarrassed at her husband's behavior in front of the guardians. I still didn't understand why she had married such a guy. I guess it was just how opposites attracted each other.

"Fine I will say hello to the little Dhampir," he opened the door and look disoriented by the sun but quickly found me and Josie sitting in the side of the doorway. "Oh no Josie you found you're Fairy godmother. Just don't make Rose go bankrupt," he said shaking his head.

"Your daddy is just jealous because you love me more, right," I said while kissing Josie's forehead. Josie hugged me as she smiled at her dad. "Right auntie Rose." Josie probably said. "God please help us we have 2 little devils in front of us" Adrian added as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, Adrian stop being jealous and help the guardians with our luggage." Sydney placed a hand on Adrian and he went to help with there luggage. She came closer to us as she leaned to say hello. "Tanks for coming," I said as I was more than glad to know they came as soon as possible.

"Rose, are you ok? Last time we talk you sounded scared?" Sydney was trying to figure out the reason I called and why they came. "Actually. We have to talk in private, but right now you guys must be starving." I tried to move but with Josie on the chair, it was harder to move. "Let me help you" Sydney started pushing the chair.

"Auntie Rose, why are you in a wheelchair?" Josie said while I wrapped her in my arms. "Well it's a long story but when you are older I will tell you," I knew it was so complicated and harsh to try to make Josie understand what had happened to me so I just kept it a mystery until she was of age.

"Ok Auntie Rose, but you are feeling well right?" she asked worried about me. "Don't worry about me. I will be back to walking in a few days and we can go to the beach," I said and a smile grew on Josie's face. "Rose we got the results of the liquid injected into your spine, and will go over it in a few days," Sydney said while entering through the front entrance.

"Syd are you ok with staying with us this couple of days. I can make arrangements for you and your family to stay in a hotel. And maybe 2 guardians," I was worried that she would dislike the idea of spending her nights with more creatures of the night, and in my father's house.

"Don't worry Rose if I married Adrian I can survive a few days in This house," Sydney came to a halt and I realized that Josie had fallen asleep in my arms. "She loves you you know. She never stops talking about you and about when you got hurt. She was crying about you not being ok." Sydney could tell the connection I had a maid with her daughter and it was obvious I was now a big part of Josie's life.

"She is so precious to me, you know I love her like a daughter. Me and Dimitri," Sydney took Josie from my arms and pleased her in one of the couches. Then we made our way into the dining room with Adrian."How nice of lord Ivashkov to join us," Christian said while picking up a glass of wine. "I know right SPARKY. I haven't seen you in what 2 weeks you look like you lost you spark Ozera." Adrian said taking the cup from Christian. I started laughing as well as Lissa and Sydney.

 I started laughing as well as Lissa and Sydney