Chapter 3

Rose's point of view:

I picked one of the three jakes that Dimitri laid down for me and put it on. Then I took off my shoes and then the hiker boots. I left everything else on the bed and walked to the plane. The wind hit my face and then I started to feel the tiny ICE flakes on my check.

"Ok, you two ready. Now, Dimitri, I gave you the map so you can find the house and inside the house, there are instructions for the future, " my mother said while turning towards me. "Please keep her safe, and don't let her leave, " she gave him the death look. The next thing she did I wasn't expecting in a million years, she came closer to me and gave me a warm hug. "Here this will let you sleep, " she gave me Lissa Chotki. I took it from her hand and she went back inside the plane. We started walking into the forest, yet I still could feel like I was inside the plane since everything was moving. As we were walking I could hear the plane take off in the distance.

As William, Edgar, Dimitri and I were all walking in the snowing forest, the sunlight was shining like little stars thanks to the snow in top of the pine trees. Dimitri was turning the map up and down trying to capture the light to see the figures drawn on it. William and Edgar were in back of me making sure that my surroundings were safe, and also to be able to stop me from escaping. It felt weird having someone guarding me instead of me guarding someone.

I was freezing and my legs hurt. It had only been 20 minutes, yet it felt like an hour. My legs weren't ready for hiking, after coming out of a long sleep. "If we turn to the right we should be there," Dimitri whispered to himself. Then I saw a black Cadillac. I knew that if Sydney hade saw it she would give me the whole history about how the model was created. She loved the old and antique car and would talk to me about them any chance she got.

Dimitri pulled out a pair of car keys and then came closer to the car's drivers door. I don't even bother to ask if I could drive, but Instead opened the passage seat door. I wasn't a fan of being so close to Dimitri but I hated the back seat. Also, I did want to be in the back with complete strangers. 

"Just like old times, right," I said to Dimitri. He smiled at me, probably thinking that he was off the hook about bring me here. But he was crazy if I was going to forgive him that fast, he was sleeping on the couch tonight.

"Yes, just like old times," he said while turning on the car. The car made a loud sound that meat that it works. We started driving uphill and the sun started to come down which meant strigoi.

We were completely covered by a blanket of darkness after a few minutes. The car went out of the main road and enter a dirt trail. I started to look in my pockets but remember that this wasn't my jacket. "Can I have my stake back, comrade?" I made puppy eyes so that he would be convinced that I didn't want it for my escape.

"William would you mind giving guardian Hathaway's stake back to her" Dimitri spoke, never taking his eyes off of the road.

"But what if she wants it for when she escapes?" said Edgar will block William from being able to hand me my stake back.

"Trust me she won't go anywhere, I will stop her before she gets too far. Besides, she is smart enough to realize that it is too cold out there to survive all night in the forest, and she won't make it to town without light. It would be unreasonable to not give her something to protect her self from any attacks. It's ok, handed to her Edgar," Dimitri hade all of my escape plans better though out than I had. After all, Dimitri was soft, but also a god at his job.

I finally got a hold on my stake and I felt better. The cold metal felt nice. The thought of me protecting my self gave me a hope that I would go back to court and protect Lissa from anybody how would try to harm her.