Chapter 19

Rose's point of view

My family's home was huge

My family's home was huge. It was almost as big as a castle. As I explored the house my arms were getting tired from wheeling myself throughout the mansion. I was looking for my mother, father, and answers about my family. The decorations of the house made it look like a maze and in every room, I found paintings and photos of what I think were my family members.

Finally, I found the back garden where my parents were speaking to each other. "Ibrahim you have to understand my reasons. You have seen and heard how she regarded her before she was even born." I heard my mother's voice which was composed of what was a mixture of anger and sadness.

"I know but you heard her. She wants to change". "Of course she wants to change because she knows that Rose is the last descendant of her bloodline. Abe Rose has a right to her family, I understand that. However, if she is going to meet her past she should know all the details."

"You can't blame my mother for this. She was hart broken after the... the death of my father." Abe was shaken up by the thought of his father and they both stop talking for a moment. I came into the garden and walked into there view.

"How long?" my mother was cut off by me. "Tell me everything," I demanded. "Rose what are you talking about?" Abe said trying to change the subject. "Don't question me Zmey. You both bring me to a house to meet the family that I never knew existed, and five seconds later leave me alone," I was furious. I could hear like whispers in the back of my mind, however, all my attention was on my parents.

"Rose it's complicated and it takes time to explain." My mother tried to calm me down. "Tell her. I have been a secret to her for too long. She deserves everything. Everything I didn't give her as a kid, every minute I didn't spend next to her. Every holiday, birthday, and celebration I didn't attend. She deserves the truth about her family," Abe came to his knees in front of me.

"Rose we will tell you everything, just try and think about what my mother was feeling. I don't expect you to forgive her, but don't judge her for it". He pushed my wheelchair further into the garden until we stopped in front of a type of memorial. In each side of the memorial, there were 2 stone benches and a small pond with different fishes swimming around. My parents sat on a bench and placed my wheelchair in front of them.

"We never told you about how we met, and why you didn't grow up with your father and my family presence. Well, it's time for you to know." My mother voice was stiff and strong. "As you know I graduate as the best of my generation. I was studying in an academy in Scotland called St.Rui and once I graduate Abe's father, Kadir, picked me to be his son's guardian," my mother continued.

"When I was 20 the strigoi attacks on the wealthy families increased and my father was secured with my safety because I was his only son. I was known for being a party boy at the time, and my father knew that it was best for someone young to near guard me, and your mother was perfect." Abe added.