Chapter 11

Rose's point of view

Have you ever felt like you belong with someone, or in a special place? Well once I entered the Belikov's house I felt like I was meant to live in a family, with Dimitri. To have little kids and make breakfast in the morning, unfortunately, Dimitri didn't want to see hi's family and we couldn't produce gorgeous kids because of our genetic composition.

I entered the living room to be greeted by a little one hugging my legs together. "Zoya, leave poor Rose alone," Karolina came and took Zoya from my legs and cared her in her arms. "So you are the famous Zoya. I remember you however you were much smaller," I spoke while pretending to shake her hand. "Yeah she used to be smaller, but what about you? Please site down, I will call Mama and Yeva. Just make yourself at home," Karolina left and Paul came running into the living room.

"I missed you aunt Rose" he came a hugged me. "He hasn't stopped talking about when is aunt Rose coming since you left," Viktoria said. She was leaning against the wall next to the bookshelf Dimitri would talk bout most of the time. I hadn't seen Viktoria in so long. Not even the last time I came I hade the opportunity to see her thanks to my busy schedule. Viktoria nice to see you as well. I am sorry" then I was cut off by a tight hug from Viktoria. "Rose I am sorry for what I said and did, you were right about him. You saved me of a life that I would have hated. Thank you for helping me when I couldn't see the reality. I will try my best to not make you leave this time," she said while letting go of me. "Don't worry I was worse than you when I was your age," I said while staring right in her eyes.

"Rose," I heard a voice that I thought I wouldn't hear ever again. I move to the side to look at the person that was in the back of Viktoria. "Olena, oh how I missed you and your cooking," I said walking up to her and ready to hug her. "Rose I see you will never change. We missed your company," she hugged me and then let go. Sitting in a chair in the corner of the room was Yeva. "Yeva nice to see you as well, I hope I don't have to pass other tests like the last time," I said while coming into my knees to hug her. "Oh no Rosemary you would make me and Paul freeze to death if I make you care bricks again with this weather," Yeva said and laughter filled the room.

Sonja came down the stairs and stood in front of me. "Rose finally you come and visit us, about time," Sonja said while giving me a quick hug. "Wow Sonja you look great, and where is the little baby girl?," I asked while touching her belly. "Well last time you came Katya was smaller but now she is a little devil. Katya is sleeping upstairs at this moment," Sonja said and we all sat down in the living room. "So Rose why do we have the pleasure to see you and Mr.Mazur today," Olena said while shaking Abe's hand. "Please, Ms.Belikova call me Abe".

"Everyone I precedent my father Abe," I said to no one in particular. "Pleasure to meet Rose's father, and please call me Olena. Rose is like family to us," Olena stood up and entered the kitchen.

"So Rose what has happened in your life?," Viktoria said while coming and sitting next to us. "I am the head guardian of the new queen, Queen Vasilisa Dragomir," I said and everyone was shocked. "That is really impressive Rose," said Karolina will cleaning up some of Zoya's toys. "What are you doing here then?" Viktoria said while looking at me curiously. I didn't want to tell them that I was being chased by a strigoi because I would have to mention Dimitri, so I just said... "The Queen is my best friend since childhood and won't take a no for an answer when it comes to me taking a break. Therefore I decided to spend the holidays with my father and come to see you guys," Yeva didn't look completely convinced but didn't say anything.

Then someone knocked on the door. "I got it, it's probably the cake," Olena said and no one but me got up. My guardian instinct made me pull out my stake for my pocket, but Viktoria sat me back down. "It's nothing Rose," Viktoria said but then I was startled by Olena's screaming. I run-up to the door and found a guy turned around and decided to surprise him. I flip him around and was about to stake him when I saw his brown eyes. Viktoria started kicking his legs and I stopped putting pressure on him.