Chapter 4

Rose's point of view:
This couple of day were agony. Between worrying about Lissa and not having nothing to do with my spare time, I was bored to death. Liam would be awake during the day most of the time. Therefore, when I would speak more to him than Edgar, thanks to Edgar's night time patrolling the house. Because this house hadn't been charmed with magical wards yet, so strigoi could come and attack us at any moment. However, there weren't too many caves around that's why we hadn't encountered one yet.

I was starting right in front of the glass door that leads to the back of the house. I could see someone picking up an axe over his head, and I could recognize his body movement anywhere at any time, after all, I made the same movements while in battle.

Dimitri was chopping wood for the fireplace, and he looked exactly hot moving that axe that I could just go and kiss his lips. NO Rose, you can't forgive him, well at least not yet. He has to understand that he shouldn't have put you in the first plane to Russia when ever he wants, and to take you apart from Lissa.

I opened the door and walked through the frozen sidewalk. I stood 5 feet behind him not trying to get in the way of his axe. "Do you need any help comrade?" he took his earplugs off and put the axe down. He looked surprised at the fact that I was outside without my shadow called William behind me.

"What are you doing out here without anyone with you, you know it's dangerous," he wiped some sweat off his forehead.

"Oh please it's day time, and I am not alone, you're right here," I said crossing my arms.

I was being treated as a child that didn't know right from wrong. He won't let me open my balcony boor after 5 in the afternoon, or let me come out alone without any protection. It was ridiculed because I was a guardian for god sakes, I was trained to protect moroi not for people to protect me. "I just wanted to be alone for a second. It isn't Liam's fault he thinks I am sleeping at this moment," I said. Dimitri look sorry for me as if he felt the same way once.

"Well if you want you can help me with chopping the wood in half. Here," He handed me the axe. I was happy he didn't send me back to the house, because I really felt like chopping up stuff. I grabbed a piece of a tree trunk and placed it on top of another cut tree. I tuck the axe from Dimitri's hand and before you knew it I swung it over my head and placed my body into a ready position. The ax came down and my first set was done before you knew it.

Dimitri looked disapproving at my technique, however, he thought that I was too happy to ruin the moment. After some more swings, we were done. "I think this will be enough for 3 more nights, thanks. He said putting the axe aside. "You think? I could do more if you want," I said separating the woodpiles.

"No this is enough," Dimitri said while cleaning up our working space. It felt so good moving around a weapon, that if Dimitri would hade left me, I would have done all the wood we need for the rest of next year.

I picked up the pieces of wood, and open the door. William was reading when I walked into the living room. "How was your sleep?" he asked rising from the couch.

"It would have been great if it wasn't for the fact that she wasn't actually sleeping," Dimitri said coming behind me. Dimitri's voice was cold like when he used to be a strigoi.

"I am sorry Dimitri, it won't happen again" Liam came up to us and it happens.

Dimitri punch William in the face without hesitating. He looked angry and cold, I was starting to be scared of standing up to him however I had to protect Liam.

"What the hell Dimitri? stop!!!" he pushed me aside and grabbed Liam. I didn't know what to do, I was more than petrified with horror. Dimitri was acting like a strigoi.