Chapter 16

Rose's point of view

After a few weeks, I recovered my sense of motion and reflexes; however, I wasn't able to walk just yet. I was stuck in a wheelchair, and everyone tried to help as much as possible. Lissa would be here most of the night except for the nights when she would go to her room to get some rest. My parents would take care of my father's business during the night and come back during the day. We were on a night schedule, and I tried my best to not take too much time away from my friend's lives. Sydney would come and bring me some decent food and even managed to get me some of my stuff. Adrian had left back to America to take care of his little girl named Shiloh Josephine or how we call her Josie. She is the cutest little thing, but when she wants she can be a little spoiled brat thanks to me and Dimitri. I admit I love giving my niece what my children will never have.

"Rose, the guardians came back with the evidence," Dimitri said while handing me a box with stuff in it. He placed the box on top of the bed and he started searching inside it. He pulled out a plastic bag and handed it to me. "Abe said not to lose it again." Dimitri opened the bag and pulled out my silver stake. I took it for his hands and feel the cold metal. I love the feeling of the metal against my skin; however, it felt different... and don't get me wrong... it was a good different. Like if there was some type of connection to the stake. Like it made me feel stronger than ever. "Thanks, I can't wait until I can actually use it." I placed it in my lap and started searching for the needle I was injected with. "I know what you are looking for and you won't find it there," he said while gently grabbing my hand.

"Where is it? Did they find it?!?" I asked panicking. "They are running some tests on the substance that is held inside of it." He kissed my forehead and my parents walked in. "Good morning little girl," Abe said while entering the room. "Good morning old man," I placed my stake under my blankets and focused on my parents. "We have good news." My mother said from the back of the room. "Well, tell me," I was hoping that it was the results of the needle.

"The doctors have agreed for us to take you back to my house, but you can't leave to America until about 1 month because you can't travel on a plane just yet thanks to the air pressure," Abe said and my world became brighter. "Thank goodness I can finally go home well... almost home." Abe smiled and came to sit next to me, "Rose, we will be living in some hours." Abe gave me a kiss on my check and he and my mother left.

Dimitri was packing some of the stuff and helped me get on my wheelchair. "I love you comrade," I smiled and he leaned down to kiss me. "Oh Roza, I love you more." He punched the wheelchair down the hall were Lissa was waiting for us. Eddie was next to her holding some flowers. "Nice to see you again," Eddie said while handing me yellow-colored flowers. "Thanks, Eddie, how is Jill? Last time I heard she kicked you out the house," I said while taking the flowers. "Rose, be quiet. I have her sister right next to me." Eddie whispered while pointing at Lissa. "Don't worry Eddie, I was the first one to know about a guardian sleeping in the street," Lissa said and we all laughed. "We will talk later, right now I just want to get to my house or anywhere else that isn't this horrible place," I said and Lissa hugged me goodbye. Dimitri started moving my wheelchair down more halls until we found the back of the clinic. In the parking lot, Abe and 4 guardians were waiting for us.

"Rose you look lovely." "Save it old man," I said while my wheelchair came closer to Abe. "Ready to go?" My mom asked while stepping forward. Dimitri put the brakes of the wheelchair on and came in front of me. Then, he wrapped his arms around my arms and legs to carry me. He gently placed me in the back seat and then buckled my seat belt. "You know...? I can put my own seat belt on," I said while taking the belt away from him. "I know, but I want to help you." He replied while kissing my lips. "Ok, you can help me." I let him help put on my seat belt, and then he closed the door. He went to the other side of the truck and opened the door to sit next to me.