Chapter 7

Rose's point of view:

I love battles, killing srigoi, and being a dhampir. However, I don't enjoy the battles that I lose and the injuries that came after every encounter with a srigoi.

It has been about 4 hours since I was attacked by a srigoi. Dimitri took care of me all night, and looked like he could get some rest himself, however he insisted in being in alert until the sun was completely up. Edgar was asleep so he could guard later that night while William was outside my room taking a watch if anything was to happen.

"Dimitri please go get some rest, or at least come to lay down with me. I don't have a fever anymore, so you don't have to worry about me" I said turning to the side of the bed that had enough space for Dimitri to lay down. Dimitri must have been exhausted because he listened to me and laid down in the deed next to me. He pulled the covers over him and turned around to face the wall. He still thought that this was all his flat. However, we both knew that it wasn't. He didn't have any control over the attack.

After some moments he started snoring and I laugh a little. He insisted in staying at watch however sleep got the best of him. Thank goodness that he listened to me. He must have had a tiring night taking care of me. I was grateful for how caring he was, after everything that he did for me I know deep down he will never stop loving me. He is just haunted by his past, and it doesn't let him be happy.

After his 3 hour nap. Dimitri woke up and turned around and found my eyes. The sight of his chocolate brown eye was I looked to look at. He jumped out of bed and grabbed his watch. "Rose you shouldn't have let me gone to sleep," he said while touching my forehead. "

You needed the rest," I said while Sitting up on the bed.

"You don't have a fever which is good" he went down my legs to wear my foot was bandaged. He started taking the bandages off and started moving my foot.

"Dimitri, please stop, it hurts," I said bending forward. I looked at my swollen foot that was covered in purple and pink spots.

"We have to get you a doctor," he said wrapping the ankle once again. I know this was a bad idea since everything had to be kept a secret while we were here.

"The doctors wouldn't understand, they will think that I a being abused or something". I said not trying to scream from the pain.

"That's true, and we can't be see in the open site. Well, I have to call Abe, maybe he knows where we can take you to get medical attention". He said checking the injury in my head.

Just hearing my fathers name scared me, let alone knowing that Dimitri was going to call him to let him know that his only daughter was attacked.

"You don't have to call Abe I am perfect" then I was cut off by Dimitri.

"Rose we both know that your aren't fine. Only a couple of hours ago you fell off of your balcony after being attacked by a strigoi". Dimitri said while sitting next to me on the bed.   Then he pulled out of his pocket the letter that my mother left him. "Rose, more strigoi will come, and we don't have enough resources to fight against them. We only have 1-2 days ate most" he passed me my mothers letter. I opened the letter and started reading.

Guardian Belikov
Me and Abe Mazur have trusted you with are the greatest thresher, our only daughter, Rosemarie, Abe has granted you with 2 hilly trained guardians, Edgar, and William. They know the house in and out.

The house that you are in is in one of the highest levels in Russia. This will come to you advantage thanks to the sunlight it provides.  However, the house doesn't have wards. Thanks to the limited time we had we didn't reinforce the wards, but in about a week Abe's contacts will come and place new wards.