Chapter 9

Rose's point of view

Have I ever told you I hate the cold, being injured, and a stupid race called strigoi? They are like flies when you are eating, or liens of people when you are in a rush. They come and ruin the best moment of someone lives. They also end most of the people's lives.

Once Dimitri saw Edgar in the ground fitting a strigoi he went into guardian mode. Instantly he came up to me and picked me off the snowy ground. "Go, I will hold them off. Get her to safety" William said while pulling out his stake. I cued see William trying to help his best friend while also trying to stop the strigoi for coming towards us.

Dimitri went up to the bridge once again. The bridge was long and wobbly, and it was above a river that was flowing with freezing water. It was also very unstable. We were on the other side when one of the bridge's ropes started to be cut. The bridge was still holding up, however, it wouldn't for long. "How nice to see you, my dear friend," a scratchy voice said coming from in between the trees. "No, stop this Julian, your problem is with me not her" a powerful God-like voice came from my beloved Dimitri. "Exactly Dimitri, that's why I don't like her because she made you into what you are today. Also, it's the thing you care the most. Also, a good friend of mine is willing to pay a lot for her. Go get the girl" the man-made a move whit his hand and a strigoi near the bridge's ropes come close to us.

Then another rope was cut. The strigoi came close almost losing his balance in the process, however, Dimitri never let go of me. He placed me in one shoulder and started fitting with the srigoi. "Don't fight it, Dimitri, you can become one of us once again. We can finally feed off her" the strigoi said. Dimitri stopped fitting for a second and that's all the srigoi need. He hit Dimitri in there back of the head and that was when Dimitri lost his balance.

I tuck action insanely. I took Dimitri's hand and grabbed one to the ropes. Dimitri was unconscious, and it became harder to hold him. The strigoi came close and I couldn't hold on any longer. I left the rope go.

I felt the cold water rushing my mouth. I was still holding on tightly to Dimitri never letting go. I came to the surface of the water and picked Dimitri's face up. He was still being but unconscious. I tried my best to get him to the sides of the river but the corner of the river was too strong.

After some moments I gained enough straight and got Dimitri and I on the age of the river. I placed Dimitri head up and started to give CPR to make sure he didn't have any water in his lungs. I managed to make him spit out the water. I was frizzing and my ankle was burning. It felt like it was being separated from the rest of my body. The sun started to climb up over us and I felt safer than before. I started screaming at the top of my lungs for help. I couldn't walk and Dimitri wood freeze out here I just had to hope someone herd me.

"Help please" I was crying and screaming. All I wanted was for Dimitri to be ok. "Where are you? Scream again," a familiar voice said. "I am over here next to the river," I said almost out of voice. The man came running down the hill, and he was holding a stake. It was, Mark. "Is that you Rose. What happened" make came up to Dimitri and then touched my forehead. "I am f-fine. Please help Dimitri" I was desperate to get Dimitri to safety. "Ok Rose come down, I will help you"

Mark grabbed Dimitri from one side and so did I. My foot was complaining, however, I hade to help Dimitri. I finally saw the house and I instantly felt warmer. Mark opened the door and Dimitri fell on the wooden floor just as I followed.

"Mark are you, god what happened" Oksana became speechless. "Oksana please help me get this gentleman help. He needs medical attention" Oksana came up to me and Dimitri and found my face. "Rose?" She asked like if she wasn't sure of what she was looking at. "I will explain later just please help him" Oksana tuck one look at Dimitri and placed her hands on Dimitri.