Chapter 10

Rose's point of view

Fashion has never been my strongest quality, Lissa would always help me with keeping up with papular hairstyles or makeup. Being a fashionable dhampir wouldn't help my future career, yet Lissa being a princess would make her a professional at those tips of stuff. My teachers were more concerned with me knowing how to kick and punch then, not teaching me how to look pretty.

After modeling half of Oksana's closest it was no wonder that I was still tired in the morning when I woke up. I turned to my side to fin a clock that was hanging on the wall. The windows curtains were shining with purple dime light, and little snoring noises came from the floor at the end of my bed. The noises came from sleeping, Dimitri. We were to made to sleep with each in the same bed. I climbed out of bed and went to the restroom. As I opened the door I heard some knocking on the door. Dimitri was quickly out of his peaceful sleep and was now holding a stake.

"Come down comrade its day, and I don't think a strigoi would knock. It's just Abe" I said while putting on my shoes. I went down the stairs and to the front door. The person started knocking harder, and I couldn't find the stupid keys. Finally, I opened the door and found Ade with other guardians in the distance. "Finally I was freezing out here," Abe said while coming inside the house and closing the door behind him. "Nice to see you as well DAD" I said trying to not make to much noise. "Nice to see you are still alive, little girl. Now, where is my favorite almost son in law". Abe started to take his winter gloves of as well as his coat. "Stop that, you're going to wake the people that are sleeping" I grabbed his coat and hanging it on the coat hanger.

"Good morning Mr.Mazur," Dimitri said while coming down the stairs. "There he is, Rosemary you should really keep him. Adrian was right when he called you a cradle robber. Look at you and my lovely dater the perfect puzzle pieces". The old man was getting madder and madder with every moment. "Stop it's not his fault. I was being a spoiled little girl and I left the balcony door open" I said trying to defend Dimitri. "No sir, it was my fault they are after her because of me, because I gave information to the strigoi hideouts". Dimitri came forward and faced my father. My father came up to him and extended his hand to Dimitri. I was speechless, and my eyes couldn't believe was were they seeing.

"You have shown me that you can stand up to your mistakes and care enough for my daughter to never abandon her even when she is injured and can't walk by her self. I respect that and for saving my little girls life. I give you my respect" Abe said, and Dimitri started shaking his hand. I sourly though that the world would end at that moment. "And you defending him like that. It reminded me of your mother. I am so glad you are safe I would hate to lose you, and not be able to give you the family business" Abe stop shaking Dimitri's hand and gave me a hug. I truly thought that a hurricane was going to fall in the driest place, and animals would start talking after he hugged me. "Are you sure that's you Abe, and if you are, are you dying of a terminal disease," I said still shocked by Abe's actions.

"Oh please Rose, as if a sickness could kill a Mazur. I was freaking out when Edgar and William called me to know you were missing" he said while letting me go. I hadn't really thought about Edgar or William because of the fear of Abe's reaction. "Are they ok, I mean are Edgar and William ok?" I said while sitting on the couch. "They are fine better than you 2. They actually have a home, they are not staying a strangers house" he came and sat down in the seat next to me.

Like a magic trick, Oksana and make came down the stairs and into the living room. "Good morning Oksana, Mark," Abe said getting up. "Abe nice to see you once again," Oksana said. "How is the bigness going Abe," Mark said while shaking Abe's had. "Better than ever with the cold, and Christmas coming". We all sat down and started talking. At last the clock struck 11:30 and it was time for me to get ready.