Chaptre 5

Rose point of view

I was waking up every five minutes because I kept on thinking of Lissa. What if she sent someone to look for me, or did she thought that I ran away? I hadn't eaten dinner last night, and my stomach was growling like there wasn't a tomorrow. I gave up on sleeping and decided to go look for a midnight snack.

I turned around and found my alarm clock with my stake next to it on top of my nightstand. The alarm clock showed it being 3:20 am. I put on my boots as well as a sweeter ready to walk out the room. My hands were freezing, as I walked through the long hallway of the house.

I was three steps away from the stars when I heard a crying sound coming from a room nearby. I tiptoe to the room's door. I was thinking that it was a window that opened and that's why the house was so cold. However, as I opened the door I discovered it was Dimitri. Twisting and turning on his bed. He was having a nightmare because he was crying and looked scared."Dimitri," I said lightly touching his shoulder.

"Julian, you will never hurt Rose!" Dimitri screamed. I tried to wake him up before Edgar could hear Dimitri's screams.

"Dimitri, wake up, it's not real," I started shaking him trying to wake him up. I couldn't see his face, but I could hear that he was scared.

I don't know what to do, so I hugged him from behind. Maybe he would calm down and forget about the dream. For a second there was peace in the room. However, it was only for a second because a few moments later, Dimitri threw me to the ground. He was now awake, well kinda. Dimitri pulled out his stake, and my skin went cold as he pressed it against my neck.

I was shocked. Dimitri was about to stake me. I kicked him in the stomach, and then the stake scratched my neck down to my chest. I saw his eyes, they went from hate to unconditional love.I started to back away still scared that he would attack me again. He got up and looked at his surroundings. He started to come close and I pressed my self against the wall. "Step away, please," I said while getting up. He looked confessed until he realized the bloody stake he was holding. Dimitri dropped the stake on the ground, not wanting to hold the thing he had hurt me with.

"Roza, I'm sorry," Dimitri said while falling to his knees. He looked so weak and confused as if his perfect image was shattered.

"Dimitri, what is happening?" I asked, still keeping my distance.

"You can't help me, I will only hurt you," he said entering the restroom. He came out with a first aid kit.

"You're right I can't help you until you explain to me the reason why you were acting like this," I tossed the first aid kit away.

"Rose, I am scared that the strigoi part of me is still in me. I have had nightmares about me becoming srigoi again," he was still keeping his distance from me. I was shaking, but not as much as Dimitri. I started to come closer to him, I wasn't scared anymore. This was my Dimitri, the love of my life, and I had been such a horrible person for not realizing what he was going through this.

"Rose stay away," he was now acting as his guardian self. He won't let anyone hurt me. Which meant that he would also protect me from himself.

"Dimitri we can get through this obstacle in our lives, but you have to let me help," I was now in front of his lips. I came closer hoping he would respond the same.

"Rose.... leave," his voice was cold like the room we were in. I had done the same to him a few nights before, but I did it because I was angry. However, he wants making me leave because he didn't love me. He was doing it because he loved me too much, too much to let himself hurt me again.