Chapter 17

Rose's point of view

Lunch was weird. I mean for other people it's normal to eat with both of your parents and your boyfriend in the same room. But for me, it was once in a lifetime opportunity.

Today Dimitri though that I took my pills in the earlier in the day, but I wasn't sure that the pills were helping me. Therefore I would hide them under my tung until he turned around, and then I would throw then to the thrash. Poor Dimitri, he doesn't know all my tricks just yet. However that was hours ago, and I feel pretty ok, a little bit sad and bothered by a small headache, but other than that I was doing just fine.

I was slipping in my tiny bed in my room and front of me was Dimitri. I was dreaming of me in the academy training with Mason. "Slow down Hathaway," Mason said while holding the punching bag in the academy's gym. We were practicing for finals and I was kicking as hard as possible. "No little ducky. It's not my fault you haven't practiced." I was happy to have my friend back. Only if it was only in a dream I was thankful for him.

"Me? Not practicing? I have been practicing for my competition of the hottest guy in the world." Mason winked at me and I stopped punching the bag. "Oh yes, I remember that. Isn't that the competition you lost every year?" We both laughing and started to walk back to the academy's dorms. "I wish you we're real," I said while hugging him. "I know," he said hugging me back. This was weird. Did he know that he was dead? "Your just a dream..." I whisper to myself. Then the dream faded away.

I was back in the room where I was sleeping next to Dimitri once again. Dimitri was peacefully snoring in the bed in front of me. I thought he looked so perfect sleeping in his bed and didn't want to wake him up. However, couldn't wait to go to the bathroom and tried to walk on my own. I pulled my covers off and tried to move my feet. I tried my best and after a few times, I saw my ankle move slightly. I was a good decision getting off my medicine since it was helping recover faster, yet it didn't come without any effects. My head was starting to hurt and my skin was burning up, once again as it did in the spirit dream that Adrian and I shared. I tried to pick up my legs and achieved some movement. However my head was filling up with whispers, and the noise was annoying me.

I ignored the pain and grabbed my legs so that I was now on the edge of the bed. I pressed my feet on the wooden floor and tried to stand up. I came to a standing position for a slight second. But only for a second because before I knew it a was laying straight flat on the ground. "Rose!" Dimitri said while turning on the lamp that was next to the bed. "Dimitri, so... what's up?" I asked sarcastically trying to make it seem like nothing had happened.

"What were you thinking?" Dimitri helped me get back into my bed. "Well, you know. You looked too peaceful sleeping in your bed that I don't want to wake you up." I was now in my tiny bed and my head was pounding. My headache was becoming stronger, and my skin was burning worse than ever. "Rose I know you don't like for people to babysit you, but you can hurt yourself again." Dimitri went to sit next to me and a little whisper came from him 'You don't know how much I care about you.' "Please stop talking, I have enough noise with are neighbors that keep on talking"

Dimitri seemed confused. 'What is she talking about?' another whisper came from him, yet I never saw his lips move. "Dimitri I am talking about your whispers. Stop making me feel like I'm crazy." I started scratching my arms. "Rose are you aware that I haven't said anything." He placed a hand in my solder and then it happened.

All of his thoughts, ideas, feelings, and emotions transferred to me. I was staring straight to myself. I was in Dimitri's head. Well, technically I was in his mind. It was just like when I was bonded to Lissa. I was seeing what Dimitri saw, I was him. Dimitri was thinking about my expression. About how it wasn't the first time he had seen it. I was in a kind of daydreaming stage, that included me being mentally connected with my boyfriend. He pulled his hand away and I left his mind.