Chapter 12

Rose's point of view

I never remember a Christmas when I was with a family let alone my family. Well, Lissa would invite me to her family's Christmas dinner's, but my mother said it was inappropriate to spend so much time with a royal moroi. Therefore I won't have the pleasure to open up presents in the morning. Some times I didn't have any presents, but I don't really consider Christmas a holiday because my mother didn't celebrate because of not having a religious path. However, this year was different, very different.

"Get up get up" I was woken up by Viktoria jumping on Dimitri's bed, well technically it was at this moment my bed. I made Dimitri sleep in the downstairs couch, and he insisted on keeping watch on the door if anyone tried to get in that wasn't Santa. "Aren't you old for this Viktoria?" I said while covering my face with a plow. "Not when its Christmas, now come downstairs," she said while poling me out of bed. She dragged me all the way to the living room where the Christmas tree was waiting with the present under it. "Mama now that aunt Rose is here can we open the presidents? Please," Paul asked while jumping with excitement.

"No Paul you now the drill, Viktoria would you mind giving each of us our presents," Karolina said while sitting in the chair next to the bookshelf. Dimitri came from the kitchen and gave me a coffee mug. "Pick a couch," Dimitri said while taking a sip from his coffee. "What does that mean?" I asked crossing my arms. This was an unusual command as I didn't know how these types of things worked. "Pick a couch so you can place your presents," he said and went to site in the rug with Sonja. I went to the couch on the left side of the room and started drinking my coffee.

"Ok you all know the rules, but we have a new guest so I am going to go over them. First, when you receive your presents you can't open them until we all have our presents. Second, you have to pick a couch or space in the ground to places your gifts. Third and finally, the person that gets more individual presents gets to say next years Christmas gifts. Are we clear?" we all nodded and Viktoria continued "ok let's get started."

"The first one is to Yeva from me. Next, it's for Rose from Sonja. The next one is to me from mama" Viktoria continued until the last present was gone. I hade receded about 7 percent and became the winner of the Christmas competition. "This is not right, I don't get anyone anything. I don't deserve all this. Thank you so much, but I can't aspect this," I said while handing the presents back. "Are you kidding me, of course, you gave us something... You brought our Dimka back. You made our wishes come true. We went last night to get your presents to repay you for your Christmas miracle, and to make you feel part of the family. Please aspect your gifts we worked hard on them" Olena said while returning the presents to me.

I felt guilty for not trying harder to return them but, it meant the world to them. "Come on, open theme," Karolina said while opening her present. The first one was from Sonja, and it was a nightgown color pink that looked gorgeous. "Thank you, Sonja," I said while coming close to her and I gave her a hug. "Your welcome, if I was you. I would wear it when I come back because it's freezing right now," we all started lagging and then I opened the next present it was from Viktoria and it was raped in green wrapping paper. I opened it up and found a black leather jacket.

"Viktoria you shouldn't have," I said while touching the little diamonds on the jacket. "It was nothing I bought it for myself but it wasn't my style, but it looked like it was made for you," Viktoria came closer and gave me hug. "Your welcome," she said and then handed me the next present. "Your father left this for you in the morning, and said he would be back at night," she gave me the present and I started unwrapping it.

The present had a written letter that said. "This was made for you and only you, and it is charmed by Lissa, love... from Abe and your mother," I family ripped the last of the wrapping paper and found a wooden box color dark brown, and in the top of the box it had a golden medal tag that said For- Guardian Rosemary Hathaway Mazur. I opened the box and found a silver stake that had carvings of roses and thorns. And engraved in tiny letters Guardian Rosemary Hathaway