Chapter Eight

(Author's Note: This chapter is still in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

"Councilman Kylo Ren, it is now your time to present your solution for Nira Leven."

_____

I strode forward, holding my head up and shoulders back. My plan was brilliant. I was confident that it would win. 

"The first thing I think The First Order should do with Nira Leven is use her for her force field. We have almost developed a way to use her power while it's in her body, but we need to find a way to get all of her power out of her. If we can extract the power from her completely then we can use it for a force field without her having any control over the power. While it is inside her, she could possibly overthrow our plans.

"I have seen inside the mind of Nira Leven. I see a lot of capability and power besides the one we are after. Not a power you can physically harness like we are attempting to do, but a mental power. She is strong, and has all the qualities of a warrior. After we have gotten the force field up and going, I think I should be allowed to take Nira Leven in as an apprentice and make her one of the greatest warriors that The First Order has ever seen."

A woman in the jury raised her hand. Ganyke allowed her to speak. "Kylo Ren, how do we know your claims of Nira's powerful being is correct?"

I was shocked with disbelief for a few moments. "Are you saying that you don't trust my knowledge with The Force?" I suggested. I let her know how foolish I thought she was through my tone and a shrewd laugh. 

"No. Nevermind." She spoke after a few seconds in a trembling voice. 

"That concludes my explanation for my solution; use her for defense by creating a force field and then use her for offense by creating an unstoppable warrior. I know we can do both."

I walked back to my podium and reached into the minds of several members of the jury. I was delighted to see how brilliant they thought my plan was.

"Councilman Ostorth, it is your time to present your solution."

Ostorth walked up to the HPG and pressed a button. A ball of swirling lights and electrical multi-colored strings was pulled up. "This is a mixture of Nira's power and elements. I think we should take her power straight from her body and mix it with other elements such as pure electricity and lasers. I don't think we should use her power as a force field. I think we should use it as the most authoritative and influential weapon in the galaxy. The Resistance is weak. If we can get her powers soon and use them now, we can take them out. All of them."

"As for Nira Leven, I believe we should keep her captive. I also think we should constantly give her drugs or do things to her that would render her unable to do anything except breathe. We should keep her barely alive because what if she grows up further and gets more powers? We would need her again."

"That is my solution for Nira Leven. Use her as an offense, and keep her alive but disabled so she can't hurt us but she could be of use to us if we needed her."

Ostorth walked back to his seat. I was purely sickened by his plan. Was he suggesting to torture Nira? I couldn't allow that to happen. I wouldn't allow that to happen. 

"Councilwoman Scosie, it is your turn to present your solution for Nira Leven." Ganyke called the last presenter forward. 

Scosie and her scaly skin slowly sauntered to the center of the room. 

"I believe that we should use Nira for her force field. It could be of great use to us, since we know at the last fight The First Order had impeccable offense, but average defense. With this force field we could have a flawless offense and defense. That is the plan I have for her powers.