Chapter Twenty-Two

"We begin combat training in five minutes."

_____

Kylo Ren walked away from the frail and sniveling wreck on the floor that was me and, as promised, he gave me five minutes for me to regain my composure.

"Nira," He finally voiced out when my time was up. It took me a few moments to push myself onto my feet. I wiped my cheeks and resumed my deathly glare at him.

"Today we're going to do more parries with the lightsaber." He explained as I walked over to him. In the time that I'd been crying, he'd taken off his mask, cloak, and armor and set it aside. I took a moment to hatefully adore his gorgeously loathsome features.

He whisked out his fake lightsaber and used The Force to bring mine to my shaking hands. I took it weakly and looked at him expectantly.

The black locks that I had previously adored now had a hint of evil that shimmered when the light reflected off of them. The sharp brown eyes that I'd once found enticing now glinted with malice. The soft and full lips that I'd once yearned to touch with my own I was now repulsed by. I still was in shock that he'd attacked me.

Kylo Ren began patiently teaching me maneuvers and within minutes I was drenched in sweat. He would make me go over the same complex maneuver thirty times in a row nonstop and if I didn't get it perfect thirty times in a minute I'd have to redo the minute over again and get it perfect thirty times in the new minute.

He criticized me and pushed me to the verge of tears quite often but Kylo Ren claimed, "The training is only excellent if it gets inside your head."

I didn't agree, but I dealt with his 'logic' anyways.

After I finished practicing the actual moves we moved onto the most difficult part of the combative portion of my training -- one-on-one fighting with Kylo Ren.

Each day was more advanced and different. While we dueled with our fake lightsabers he used new moves I'd never seen any variation of and those moves were designed to break my parries and defeat my jabs.

Several times our duels shortly ended with his fake lightsaber to my throat or my side and him giving me corrections. Several times. Most of the time.

In one duel that was near the end of our session I was completely fueled by anger because of the thought of him taking off my clothes during the previous night and touching me aggressively, him not acknowledging any of the events that occurred between us under his black comforter, and him bringing up his forced 'solutions' that will bring me everlasting safety in The First Order.

I was so enraged during this specific duel that my lightsaber maneuvering was flawless, deathly, and expeditious. I could even battle him and look at his face. He looked distressed and focused.

I focused back down on my lightsaber and felt the fiery fury rise within me uncontrollably. The rage didn't make my jabs uncontrollable, it made them impeccable.

I executed the three most advanced maneuvers flawlessly and right in a row and found my fake lightsaber at the tip of his chest.

Kylo Ren's eyes were wide and his mouth was wide open -- his fake lightsaber was poised feet above my skull and ready to come down on my head but my lightsaber was positioned mere inches from his heart. I looked into his eyes and we both knew that I had won.

I sneered and gently prodded his chest with the tip of my fake lightsaber before pulling it away from him. "Gotcha," I commented proudly as a bubble of happiness grew in me. I was so incredibly proud of myself, for I, Nira Leven, had concurred the infamous Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel (One out of two thousand times, I thought somewhat grimly; but then again, one is better than none).

He dropped his fake lightsaber to his side, but not in a defeated manner. He held himself high. "One last time." His smooth voice surrounded me and for the shortest instant I was mesmerized. The short moment in which his voice had enchanted me once again costed me to lose all of the focus and anger that had been built up.

I shook off the captivating sensation he'd sent through me as quickly as it'd came and got into a ready stance. He copied me.

Then he came at me and for the first time it was with pure aggression.

Oh shit. He's really mad about me beating him, I nervously thought. I could barely handle his furious attacks.

His fake lightsaber whipped back and forth across my vision and I began nervously swinging mine around, praying to parry, but eventually he got to me.

My lightsaber was diagonally raised parallel to my body, and his lightsaber was pinning mine from going near him, perpendicular to it. His lightsaber was also perpendicular to my throat.

I looked into his eyes and tried to defend myself; I wanted to win this one last show down by pushing him off of me. A certain hungry animosity for loss filled me and my strength increased. My arms began to burn but the pain made me push harder against him.

I stared into his determined brown eyes. Looking in them ignited more tenacity in me -- I would not lose.

One of my feet faltered. I lost my balance, stepped backwards, and regained it.

Kylo Ren then transferred one hand of his lightsaber to the bottom of my spine. I frowned and my lips parted. What's he doing?, I strained to think in my head.

Even with one arm he continued to overpower me. The lightsabers pressed closer and closer to my neck, millimeter by millimeter.

I began to lean backwards away from the pursuing sabers but they followed. My back began to bend backwards and Kylo Ren began to bend forwards over me. His hand was still pressed firmly on my lower back, not allowing me to back away from him.

His body was pressed on mine but he still pushed on his fake lightsaber, willing it to touch my neck. I fought hard.

I didn't want to lose. I couldn't. I was too competitive and too strong to lose now. I didn't want to lose to him. I didn't want to lose to Kylo Ren, who's facial features displayed intense perseverance. A hint of worry shone in his eyes and that granted me a satisfying feeling in my stomach.

My arms were on fire, sweat dripped into my eyes, blurring my darkening vision, and I was ready to collapse; I had so much weakness everywhere but my heart relentlessly beat with valor and fortitude. Physically, I was destroyed, but mentally, I was nowhere near giving up.

A loud beeping sound interrupted the motivational thoughts flying through my mind and Kylo Ren swiftly pulled his arm out from behind my back and his lightsaber off of mine.

I fell backwards onto my behind and began to heave.

He was completely unfazed. He used The Force to shoot his fake lightsaber back across the room and then pulled a miniature hologram display machine from the back of his belt. He walked over, set it on the table, and pressed a button.

Immediately sound blasted through the small mechanism. I jumped, and sat up to watch the blue hologram.

Various shapes flew across the backdrop and I faintly recognized a human shape.

"Kylo Ren! The Resistance! They're coming for the girl!" A deep voice shouted from the semi-human shape that was bent over something.

_____

Author's Note

Hey guys! Shorter chapter but obviously super intense one coming soon . . . ;). I'm excited.

Question; why won't The Resistance in my story leave The First Order alone?

Okay bye for now haha hope you enjoyed :)