Chapter Nine

(Author's Note: This part is still from Kylo Ren's point of view. Get ready for some excitement!)

I looked to my left. Scosie was nearly halfway out the room, her robes flying behind her. She was no longer holding herself with good posture. She walked fast, and hunched. I could tell she wasn't ashamed because Scosie was never ashamed of anything. I reached into her mind.

She was absolutely, positively, 100 percent livid. I reminded myself in my head to keep a close eye on her.

But for now, I thought as I grinned to myself, I will enjoy my victory.

_____

The victorious feeling was great. As I left the council room, people of jury all around me congratulated me. It was a close call, but I had won. I was beaming nonstop under my mask for a good twenty minutes after the victory.

I left the council room and used one of the transporters.

Let me give you a quick visual of The First Order's new base before I describe transporters to you.

The base is in the shape of a cube, not a sphere, for a change. It is unbelievably big. What looks to be a tiny corner of the giant cube is actually much bigger than the council room. In fact, the base is so big that you can't simply walk somewhere, for it'd be too far away.

Placed strategically all around the base are capsules just big enough for a person a little taller and wider than me to fit into. You walk in, and the door slides shut behind you. A pad comes out of the wall and you press you hand into it. It scans your finger tips, makes sure you're a registered person from The First Order, and scans your mind to find out the area you want to go. It then transports you there quickly; it doesn't teleport you, but the capsule itself shoots to the place you wish to be nearly at the speed of light, and you don't even feel a thing. You get out. It goes back to it's original area.

I walked into the capsule near the council room and pressed my hand to the pad. I thought of my private quarters and it took me there.

The rest of my day was relatively uneventful. I made plans to hold a meeting with the lab scientists and some of our top intellectuals to talk about extracting Nira's power for the force field. I sent out a fleet of TIE fighter ships to destroy a tiny pod passing by, but it had the words 'The Resistance' clearly labelled on it.

I went to sleep feeling quite satisfied.

*****

Day 27 after Nira's kidnapping

I was to be in the meeting room basically at the crack of dawn. I woke up quite early and groggily got ready.

The meeting also began very early. The scientists filed into the room one by one. They all had immense amounts of paperwork that they set on the table.

"Hello, Master Kylo Ren. To begin my presentation, we are going to go over the essence of what Nira's power is and where she inherited it. I'm Doctor Kuwai." A short, stout man began. "Nira's power, what we think, is a mixture of electricity and some supernatural essence that we haven't labelled or given a name yet. It'd be easier to define if we could get a sample of the power to play around with.

"This is the device we've come up with that we'll try to extract the powers with." He passed over some blueprints to me. "It's a container made of the strongest metal in the galaxy that we sent out researchers to collect and bring back. The container attaches to a set of powerful wires that we have hooked to the container on one end and to a projector on the other. The projector is on the outside of the base and will put the force field out into space."