Chapter Sixty-Five

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

It had only been a five days since Nira had been abducted, but that was far too long already. I had no clue what nefarious plans those demonic species had in store for her. Certainly they wanted to harm her. They wouldn't have taken her against her own will for a good reason. 

I couldn't stand the fact that somewhere Nira was being injured and I was stuck on the base.

I had spent every waking second of the five days hunting Nira down from the base. I had only slept 25 hours out of the past 120 because I had been doing random jobs in order to better our chances of getting Nira back. 

After Hux had stopped me from going after her when she had been taken, several units and fleets of stormtroopers had been sent out in order to look for her. We had then sent out bounty hunters and entire squadrons of battle employees in attempt to find her. 

There had been a council later that night, involving myself. Some of the government officials, who had chosen to remain anonymous (cowards), had filed some complaints against the excessive investigation on Nira's whereabouts. 

The first thing I did in that council was extract the names of the complaint-filers from the minds of those who ran the council using The Force. Then I made the most viable argument that was possible in the situation I was in:

"Nira is a palpable citizen of The First Order and an active employee in our government. It would be purely unjust if we were to act in any way except to focus on finding her. She has shown her loyalty to us over and over again, especially in times of crisis. I watched her deny the Knights of Ren and chose to fight for our organization. She rescued me from The Resistance's base, where surely they had asked her to stay with them and help them. She has proved herself countless times and deserves to be repaid." 

I then added an additional, stronger argument. "Not to mention, if we let whatever organization that took Nira simply get away with kidnapping one of our own, what will stop them from gaining confidence in themselves and launching another attack on us again? When we find Nira, we will find another potential large enemy, destroy them, and therefore ensure more safety for our citizens. It would be completely naive to not go after Nira, unless you are with the enemy organization that took her." I had ended my powerful speech in a suggestive tone. I challenged anyone to oppose my argument and therefore pledge their allegiance with an organization that was not The First Order; if they did this I would immediately subsequently have them put into captivity, tortured into revealing information, and then killed. 

The employees in the council were all aware of this, so they all allowed me to continue my voracious hunt for Nira. 

After the council I found the government employees that had filed the complaints and killed them.

Each day I grew more and more worried that we would never find her, or if we did find her, we would only find her lifeless corpse. I had to push those pessimistic thoughts out of my mind and focus on the incredibly significant task at hand. I knew that I would never forgive myself if either of the aforementioned happened. 

I was so angry with myself that I could only realize that I truly did love Nira when she was taken away from me. I was also quite surprised that I could love anyone. I had made the full transition to The Dark Side long ago, so how was it possible that I could feel this depth of emotion for anyone, let alone someone that I'm not directly related to?

Yet again, Nira ceaselessly amazed and intrigued me. She had gotten me, Kylo Ren, to fall in love with her, a woman that had been captured merely for her powers.