Chapter One-Hundred-Twenty-Two

Author's Note: Nira's POV

"But there's just one thing I wanted to ask you." Kylo Ren began, "While I was considering the presidential job I thought a lot about you, and about how I never want what we have to end."

Kylo Ren took a deep breath and said, "We live in a dangerous universe, and if anything were to happen to you or I, I want all loose ends to be tied up. I want to know that I will be with you forever, and vice versa."

"I want to marry you, Nira."

_____

I sat up and looked at him with wide, unbelieving eyes. "What?" I asked, my voice sharp. 

Kylo Ren looked deeply into my eyes, and for a moment I saw nothing more of him than his dark, serious irises. 

"I want to marry you." He uttered quietly and slowly. His words were a loving torture to my ears and made me desire him so badly. My body felt magnetized towards him, as if he were the only thing I wanted (he was), and he was the one thing I needed (he is). I felt a literal pull towards him.

All was silent in our bedroom, but in a way I felt as if I was drowning in noise due to thought. So many thoughts were whirling in my head and I had endless questions. 

How would that be possible? Would there be any restrictions, or rules? How would we get away with a marriage? What would be punishments if we were found out? 

Out of all of the questions, the only word that came out of my mouth was, "Why?" 

A concerned countenance immediately washed over his gorgeous features and Kylo Ren asked, "Do you not want to get married? I'm sorry if I came on too strong. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Forget that I -- "

"No, no, stop," I interrupted his progressing regret, "I just . . . Couldn't get my thoughts together. What I wanted to ask was if that . . . Marriage . . . Is even a possibility for us."

I looked at him with much hope and bit my lip. My subconscious, however, was begging me to feel scared. I was mentally preparing myself for failure -- I figured that marriage between the two of us would be impossible. 

"Yes, marriage is a possibility for us, but the ceremony would have to be extremely private and we would have to keep the entire affair between ourselves and the one witness we select." Kylo Ren explained calmly, quietly. He looked slightly relieved -- I knew I'd scared him when I'd asked why he wanted to marry me. 

"When would we do it? Where?" I fired questions at him because if Kylo Ren and I were going to go through with this then we would need every detail thought out and planned accordingly. 

"We could get married any time we wanted, and the location is yet to be determined. These are just small things we would have to think about." He said, bringing a hand up to my face and toying with a strand of my hair absentmindedly. I focused on my hair strands intertwined with his fingertips and I was entranced by the sensation, however slight. 

"Listen, it's not that I don't want to get married, but I really just need to rest right now. Of course I love you and want to marry you, Kylo Ren. But so much has just happened, I'm just . . . Tired." I admitted, looking back up into his brown eyes, which were soft as silk but at the same time as hard as titanium. I was right, too. My body felt exhausted and I was relieved to be laying down with no worries. I wanted to feel that relief for a while.

He nodded understandingly. Kylo Ren bent his head down and pressed his pure lips lightly to my forehead. I closed my eyes and focused on the feeling of his lips on me. He allowed his kiss to linger slightly before pulling not even an inch away.