Chapter Twelve

After figuring out how to work it and what made the water warmer I began to run the water and slowly strip off my papery clothes. It felt so relieving for my skin to not be covered by course paper.

I dipped one leg into the tub, found that the water was extremely hot and soothing, and stepped in with my other leg. I let out a sigh of relief as I slipped further into the tub.

_____

I slipped down the smooth marble so I was up to my chin in the steaming water. My hair floated in the water around me. I was peaceful for the first time since that dreaded night on my home planet when I was taken.

I breathed slowly in through my nose, and out through my gently puckered lips. In . . . out. In . . . out. My mind was so at ease that I didn't even feel like I was on The First Order's base. I gently let my eyelids close and imagined the clouds back on Tunstead. Oh, the clouds! They were so gorgeous and were always present. Our skies were never completely covered by the white and fluffy beauties, but I don't remember a day where the crisp blue atmosphere was completely clear. 

Reminiscing about the many gorgeous aspects of Tunstead while soaking in the warm tub was absolutely wondrous. I couldn't keep my mind off of the cute little huts, how sometimes we would have bonfires in our own separate little neighborhoods, and how everyone never ceased to be friendly, and--

My eyes flew open. I turned my head to the side and sat up slightly. The water flowed quickly down my body and I furrowed my brows, listening carefully. I'd thought that I'd heard the door to the cell open. Then I heard footsteps. Oh no, I thought. Whatever was about to happen was not going to be good. 

The water swished around the tub soundlessly. "Nira?" Kylo Ren's robotic voice rang straight through the shut bathroom door and I could hear it clearly. 

"I'm in the bathroom, don't come in!" I replied loudly and quickly in a shaky voice. I instantly got annoyed by my nervous-sounding voice; for some reason, I wanted to seem powerful to Kylo Ren -- to impress him. 

No you don't. You don't care, I told myself, even though I knew deep down that yes, I did. 

"Why shouldn't I come in?" I heard him ask. I could hear his footsteps nearing the door and I slipped back into the water up to my chin. Anxiety filled me and I stared at the door worriedly.

The door opened just after I had wrapped both my arms around my chest and crossed my legs, completely covering myself. Kylo Ren walked in. I quickly turned my head so I was facing straight ahead with wide eyes when he looked at me. I could feel heat coming up to my face and knew I was beet red. He was silent for a few moments. 

"O-kay." He finally said. He awkwardly backed out of the room and closed the door. I didn't uncover myself until a minute or two after he had left. I knew all he could see of me was above my rib cage (because of the black wall separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom) so I wasn't worried about him seeing my 'southern area', but I knew fully well if I hadn't have covered myself he would've seen the top. 

I slowly let my arms fall back down to my sides. I sat up a bit and figured, Okay, almost got seen naked by a Knight of Ren. It's gotta be time to be done in this bath tub. 

I pulled on the drain and the water began emptying out of a tub. I got up and carefully climbed out. I stood up straight on the magnificent tiled floor.

Oh. Shit.

I double checked the entire bathroom to make sure I hadn't missed it, but nope -- I didn't have a towel.