Chapter Eighty-Four

My night was about to be filled with the exploration of unknown territory, battling for my life, possibly saving someone else's, and attempting to rescue the power box that contained all of the electricity needed to provide The First Order's base with a strong force field.

I was prepared. I was ready to do whatever it took to help The First Order.

_____

I could distantly hear commands being made from the control room as the ship sped away from the base. There was a small rectangular window that I looked out of and used to predict how far we had gotten. 

"Make the jump to light speed." I heard a male voice order from the control room. There were several beeping noises, a powerful whoosh, and the sensation of my gut being pulled towards the back of the ship. The First Order's base was suddenly cast out of my sight and I knew that we were traveling at light speed. I could barely wrap my mind around how fast we were going. 

I looked away from the window and up towards Kylo Ren. He looked down at me. My hands were resting in my lap, and he secretly slid one of his large, gloved hands over so it covered my dainty hands. My hands were incredibly small compared to his.

I looked down at his hand that covered mine; my vision trailed up his arm, back to his masked face. We made eye contact . . . Sort of. He could see my eyes, but his beautiful brown eyes were concealed from me by the wretched dark mask. 

I was scared. I was so, incredibly, utterly terrified. I knew that I could very well die at some point during this mission. Kespia could die (I wasn't too worried about that, personally), Kubos could die (I didn't like the thought of that concept), or Kylo Ren could die (um, no). 

I didn't want to anyone's lives at stake. I didn't like the thought of immediate danger. 

Nira, you work for The First Order, I told myself, and you have to get used to a few of perilous situations. You're never going to survive in this organization if you don't adjust. Accept the facts -- you live a threatening life now. 

I put on a brave countenance and took a deep, determined breath. 

You will do amazing in battle. You have a power that no one else has! Well, wherever we're going, they technically have that power . . . They stole the box, I cringed at the thought of what they could do with that amount of electrical power. The possibilities were endless.

But do they know how to use your power as well as you do? No. You are better than this organization. You, with the help of several Force-sensitive beings and several warriors from The First Order, will definitely be able to conquer whatever is to come. 

You will be okay. Kylo Ren will be okay.

I told myself all of these comforting facts, but in the back of my mind, I knew better than to make unconfirmed promises to myself. I didn't let my hopes raise too high.

A man in The First Order's battle-pilot uniform suddenly walked into the room where we sat. He entered from the slim hallway between the staircases. He must have came from the control room.

"Kylo Ren, we are nearing the system in which the box is located. We are exiting light speed very soon. It is time to go over plans." The man stated in a plain tone. I glanced up at Kylo Ren. He nodded, and I knew he was assessing the situation. 

My anxiety grew as every second passed. I knew that the time for battle was nearing. I didn't know if I wanted to get the fighting over with or if I wanted to delay the violence for as long as possible.

Kylo Ren suddenly addressed his multiple apprentices, "Nira, Kubos, Kespia -- unbuckle yourselves. We are going to the control room."

We all obeyed. The man who had collected us turned on his heel and began walking down the hallway. The four of us all followed him.