Chapter Thirty-Two

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Nira's point of view. It'll stop switching back and forth so rapidly soon!)

(Author's Note: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEVERAL SPOILERS REGARDING STAR WARS E 7: THE FORCE AWAKENS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, SO PLEASE DON'T COMPLAIN :)

 "My name is Leia Solo-Organa. You can call me General Organa. Welcome to The Resistance." 

 _____

I stared wide-eyed up at the serene woman. She gazed down at me with the hint of a smile on her aged face. 

"You're Nira?" She asked with a kind tone. Something about her aura made me feel as calm as she looked. I nodded slowly to answer her question.

"I just have some basic questions I'd like for you to answer." She raised her eyebrows quizzically, as if asking for my permission. I nodded again quickly and General Organa commenced her calm interrogation.

"Has The First Order tortured you in any way?" 

I opened my mouth, and sucked in breath, but froze in the process of excreting my thought process. 

Kind of. They extracted something I had inside of me out and are using it as a force field. I don't know if that qualifies as torturing, I thought. 

I readjusted my answer. "No."

"Are you being trained by The First Order?" She asked, folding her arms and leaning back a bit. 

I nodded simply. I decided then that I wouldn't give her any details about my training or life at The First Order. 

"Are you strong with The Force?" 

I shook my head, and didn't tell her about my hidden power. I guess it wouldn't have matter if she knew about it anyways. I didn't possess it anymore. 

"Do you associate yourself with The First Order? Would you call yourself loyal to The First Order?" She further questioned

Hmm, I thought, that is an interesting question. I guess I would, but they did take my life away from me, which leaves some feeling of hatred. I wouldn't call hatred loyalty . . . 

"Not entirely." Yeah. That answer works. It's truthful without giving too much away to her. 

"Have you . . ." General Organa paused and frowned, "Have you met Kylo Ren?"

"Yes." I easily answered. I see him every day. 

"Are you closely associated with him?" She inquired, leaning in again. I shrugged. "Yeah. I'd say so." 

She stared at me with scrutiny for a moment. I stared back at her, aching to know what was going on in the general's head and what prompted her to ask these questions centered around Kylo Ren. 

"Has he opened up to you?" She tentatively asked after a brief pause. 

"No." I answered -- I was now suspicious. Why did she care about Kylo Ren and my relations? What did she have to do with any of it?

"Nira, there's a lot I need to tell you about." She began. General Organa sighed and slowly shook her head, leaning back in her chair once more. I frowned and raised an eyebrow in confusion -- what could General Organa possibly have to tell me? 

Part of me couldn't help but wonder how I, Nira Leven, got mixed up in all this crap anyways. 

"Is it okay if I tell you a little bit about Kylo Ren's past?" 

I stared at her and pulled my head backwards, for I was slightly taken aback. "Why?" The word slowly fell out of my mouth like molasses. She hesitated to answer again, so I took the chance to ask all of my other questions. "Why do you care how much I know about him? Why do you care how much I talk to him? Why do you care so much about Kylo Ren himself?" I asked, cocking my head and sitting forward so I wasn't leaning back against the wall.