Chapter Thirty-Eight

(Author's Note: You might want to visit my Weebly for a visual reference during this chapter! I will notify you when you need to go to it!)

"You will eventually find out how I truly feel about you, Nira, so do not worry -- right now, however, we are going to train in combat."

_____

Combat training was grueling, as usual. It was a 'review' day; review days are where we go over past moves and fine tune my learned skills.

"Alright, that will conclude our training session for today." Kylo Ren announced after I finished a successful jab with my fake lightsaber on the dummy. I glanced disgustedly over at Scosie's body, which had not been cleaned up yet. I was disgusted because of how much blood there was and because it was the corpse of someone who was 'all in' for ending my life.

I was terrorized. Someone had tried to assassinate me. Unbelievable. Now I know that assassinations seem kind of like an otherworldly event until one is attempted on you. I felt so insecure and unsafe. I felt helpless and weak.

Before Scosie's strive for slaughter, I had been confident in the fact that my combat skills had been sharpening and I had been growing more athletic through Kylo Ren's training. After her wild and short-lived attack, I felt as if nothing about my fighting skill set had improved. I felt useless. I felt dumb.

As I put away the equipment, I heard Kylo Ren muttering to his holograph displayer about a need for a clean up crew in the training arena. I involuntarily shuddered and focused harder on picking up the equipment and tuned him out.

We began walking out the door together. He put on his helmet and his low-pitched static voice told me, "We are going to get your armor now." I didn't reply -- I only followed him through the hallways and transporters until we reached a door and turned to walk in. It slid open and we crossed the threshold.

The floors were black but the walls were white. The room was relatively small. The area closest to us had shelves upon shelves of odd tools and random metal parts. The shelves were positioned against the wall and organized in the middle of the room as well, as if they were a walk-through gallery.

On the far side of the room was an abundance of people donning bright white lab coats and black goggles. There were a lot of them, all standing around what I presumed to be a table; they were clustered so tightly together that I couldn't even tell what was on the table.

Kylo Ren spoke, and I jumped. "You said the armor was ready?" His mechanical voice boomed above all other muttering or noise.

The scientists all stood up and faced him immediately. It was suddenly silent except for the whisper of a fizzing noise that came from the table. "It will be done within the minute, sir." One of the scientists spoke out. They all then simultaneously turned their backs to us and continued their strange actions.

"We'll return to my cell and they'll give us the armor there." Kylo Ren quietly informed me without looking at me. I didn't look at him either; I nodded and gulped nervously, anxiously wondering what my specialized armor was going to look like. I felt a little more significant knowing that The First Order was custom designing armor for myself specifically.

I stood by Kylo Ren for a short period of time before the scientists' muttering slowly ceased and they stood straight up, one by one. They turned to us and one of them announced with revel, calmness, and something else I noticed in his tone -- suspicion or angst, perhaps -- "It is ready."

Kylo Ren stalked over to the table and the scientists immediately cleared the way for him. I examined his impressively tall stature and enticing broad shoulders as he surveyed my armor up and down. The armor was concealed for me. No matter how high I stood on my tiptoes, I couldn't see it.