Chapter Seventy-Nine

(Author's Note: I am going to do something that I don't really like doing in this chapter, but it is literally necessary. I am going to switch perspectives (POVs) in the middle of this chapter. We start with Nira, and we end with Kylo Ren. Here we go!)

Work had gone well the afternoon after the mental threatening by Kespia during training. In fact, I highly suspected that I was going to get promoted soon. Blyke, my manager and boss, was very fond of my work ethic and of my personality -- he had told me so himself on several different occasions. 

I knew that I always seemed distant and unfocused to my squadron during training, especially recently, because my mind had always been on other things. My squadron of stormtroopers were already at an elite level thanks to my training, so when I overlooked their work it didn't require much concentration on my part. I thought about other things instead -- mainly Kylo Ren, sometimes other issues. 

*****

I'd just gotten out of work and was on my way back to the cell that was technically Kylo Ren's but was always lacking his presence. I entered and immediately peeled my sweaty black top over my head. I tossed it aside and did so with the rest with the remainder of my clothes. 

I stepped into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I immediately stepped into the squared-off area; cold water or not, it would feel amazing on my sticky, hot, agitated skin. 

I let the water run down my body and took a deep, relaxing breath. It had been a long day, as usual. Mental death threats, dining with the leaders of The First Order, and training stormtroopers was all a part of my exhausting daily routine that never failed to drain me of energy (not the mental death threats part, but there always seemed to be someone that opposed the continuation of my life). 

All throughout my bathing, I couldn't keep my thoughts off of Kespia. 

Why did she hate me? I have a valid reason to dislike her. She is obviously trying to get with Kylo Ren, and I'm the one in the relationship with him . . . Kind of. Whatever. The point is, I haven't given her a reason to want to kill me! So why does she want to?

I couldn't keep myself from being jealous of her. She was utterly flawless, and she wanted to be with Kylo Ren in a romantic manner. Every time I thought of her I got angry. 

Even the fact that she could use The Force, and the fact that I couldn't, enraged me. I am perfectly content with the powers I have, but all I wanted was to be better than her! I knew that she was going to catch up to my lightsaber-wielding skill levels quickly just because her skills with The Force will sharpen and her reaction time will diminish, and I didn't like the thought of that. Even though Kespia getting better at dueling would help our organization, I wanted to be able to beat her. I wanted to be dominant over her because I didn't like her.

I stepped out of the shower and hastily dried myself off. I put on a new set of training clothes and left the cell that I abhorred so much just because it contained so many memories of Kylo Ren, whom I missed dearly. 

Yes. I missed him. A lot. All I wanted to do was talk to him about what we were, or if we were ever going to be anything again. I didn't feel comfortable bringing it up to him since he was technically my boss. I know that I should've been the one to bring 'us' up since I had been the one to last reject him by slapping him, but I couldn't bring myself to. It was the thing I most desperately wanted but the thing I had no courage to do. 

My jealous thoughts about Nira motivated me to exit the cell and make my way down to the training arena. I had a plan set out in my head that was quickly formulating and expanding with every step I took towards the arena.