Chapter One-Hundred

(Author's Note: PARTY ROCK!!! CHAPTER 100!!! Sorry again that I've been gone for so long, I just really needed a break from everything! I had mono and was really sad for a few weeks . . . But now I'm better and I'm ready to finish this book! Hopefully you guys haven't given up on me!!

Also -- Nira's POV)

_____

Nira's POV

I attempted to yank one of my legs upwards, but Kylo Ren's mastery of the Force allowed him to keep me held down even after he was long gone.

Several hours passed by. My legs began to tire, but my mind was still alert because I knew that war was impending and that The Resistance was coming.

Finally an ear-bursting crash caused me to jump and gasp. I looked out the window and saw several fleets of ships approaching. I knew it was The Resistance.

They had come for me.

_____

I was afraid, really. 

I didn't know how to react. 

I was still in awe. How had I, Nira Leven from Tunstead, the most unknown village in the universe, become the most wanted woman in the galaxy? Two of the most powerful organizations in existence were going to war over where I was located. 

I didn't want this. I didn't want any of it. I didn't want people to die because of me. I obviously couldn't go to The Resistance because I'd already selected and served for The First Order. 

I felt a certain pride in myself because I belonged to The First Order. It's a hard feeling to explain. I know that The First Order is considered cruel and evil, but I'd worked under their officials for so long that I couldn't help but feel a certain expanding, prideful sensation in my chest when I thought about it. 

I am an important member in The First Order. 

That fact was hard for me to swallow because I would've never, ever imagined that fact ever being a possibility a few months ago. How had I, a pathetic villager, risen to the top of potentially the strongest organization in the galaxy in only a few months? Sure, this new position of mine was certainly a downgrade, but I knew that I was ranked high in the organization's priority list. I mean, at the moment they were going to war just to keep me on the base. 

Which it was killing me not to be in the midst of the battle. The First Order's base was also my base. It was my home. I did not want another one of my homes to be destroyed just for an organization's prosperity. I didn't want more of my people to be slaughtered just so one tyrannical organization could triumph over the others. 

Yes, The First Order's people were my people. The villagers of Tunstead would always hold a spot in my mind and heart, but now I belonged to The First Order. 

All of these proud thoughts were making me want to go into the battle, to fight for my organization, and to fight with my people. Why was I being held back when I was more than willing to fight? 

This is my home, I thought, and no one is going to stop me from fighting for it. Not Kylo Ren. Not The Force. No one. 

Yes, Kylo Ren was still using The Force to keep me restrained, even though he was certainly battling warriors of The Resistance. It had only taken the battle a few minutes to escalate into full throttle. A constant stream of the sound of weapons, both big and small, rang in my ears and seeped through the cracks in the doors of my escape pod. 

But his Force on me was weakened because he was not fully focused on it.

I may not know much about The Force. I may not know how to contort the mystical power or how to use it in a fight, but I do know that it flows through every cell in existence. I know that The Force exists in everyone and everything. I used that knowledge to my advantage.