Chapter Eleven.

Blaze's POV.

Levi took me to a carnival on the edge of town. It took a few trains and buses to reach there but we finally got here.

I looked up in amazement, it wasn't dark yet but you could see all the lights and rides. You could hear the screaming of the people going upside and round and round on the rides.

I was pretty much grinning ear to ear. My jaw was hurting from all the grinning and laughing that happened today.

I felt a hand squeeze mine and I looked down and saw my hand engulfed in his hand. His tanned thumb was rubbing the back of my hands slightly and I looked up and saw him grinning at the carnival like a child eating sweets.

I pulled on his arm making him look down to me, "Are you ready?" I said jumping up and down on the spot.

"Yeah let's go shortie." I just rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not that short, you're just a-a giant." I glared at him. He just patted the top of my head and pulled me along to the ticket booth.

"A-a giant." He mimicked me, then laughed loudly causing other people to look over at us.

We reached the ticket booth and pulled out the money for the unlimited wristband just as I was about to place the money down Levi already had two wristbands in his hands and placing his one on. He took my wrist and wrapped it around mine.

"I knew you was gonna pay, but it's my treat love." He grinned at me.

We walked around the carnival and went on most of the rides there was, even the childish ones. When I found out Levi has never been to a carnival before I jumped to the chance to make sure he had a fucking good time.

I was staring at this massive unicorns. I've always loved unicorns because they were just so magical and beautiful.

"You want it love?" Levi asked. I just grinned at him which in returned he grinned.

He gave a fiver to the man for 5 balls. He had to hit down some pins to win the big unicorn. There was six pins and he knocked them down in 3 attempts.

I picked the lilac and white unicorn. The man got it from the stands and handed it to me. It was basically the same height as me.

"Thank you." I gave Levi a shy smile.

"No problem, now come on its getting late." He grabbed my hands.

It was around 8:30pm I already text my nan saying I was going to be late home. She just replied saying she wants to meet this person I've been hanging out with.

Me and Levi are sitting on the bus, our knees were touching and i could feel his heat radiating off him.

I was keeping my hands tightly in a fist to keep them from the cold. I had one arm wrapped tightly around the unicorn and the other just resting casually.

The cold was sending shivers up my arms creating goosebumps. I felt Levi's big hand take mine and shove it in his coat pocket.

"You're so warm." I muttered.

"Mmm." He said, it looks like he is ready to sleep.

I don't know why but I like this touchy feely stuff it makes me feel warm inside instead of feeling cold and depressed all the time. It makes me feel wanted and all other girly stuff I haven't felt in a long time.

I felt Levi's hand push my head gently onto his arm and him rest his head on top of mine.

"Why didn't we take your motorcycle?" I asked him.

"It's in the repair shop, getting a new paint job." I could practically feel him grinning. Men and their toys.

"Thank you for today Levi, I really needed it."

"No probably Blaze, really no probably at all." I nodded my head.

We finally got off the last train and walked up to the top of the station. I felt like I couldn't walk anymore, I was taking baby steps. I was so tired it was like my body has shut down.

I felt the unicorn being taken out of my hand. "Get on my back Blaze."

"Mmm hmm." I nodded.

I jumped with the little energy I had left. I had my legs securely around his waist and my arms around his neck, being careful not to strangle him.

I rested my hand on his shoulder and snuggled my cold nose into his warm neck. I felt him shudder and breathe out some air.

Slowly I felt myself fall asleep, while Levi walked towards my house.

"Thank you son, I'm glad she has you." I hear someone say as I feel my back hit something soft.

"I'm glad I have her too ma'am."

"Do come round for dinner sometime dear." I feel a pair of lips touch my forehead.

"Night Blaze." I feel another pair of lips touch my forehead.

Soon I fell into a restless night with nightmares filled with screams and shouts of my mother.

nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first understood

- leonardo da vinci