Chapter Twenty-Four

Blaze's POV.

Today was the court date. Today I was going to see who would have custody over me. Even thought I'm 18 I still would like my nan's name as my legal guardian.

I brushed of the imaginary dirt on my black trousers. I wore a white blouse matching and my vans. My nan was dressed in a matching grey skirt and blazer suit.

Nans friends from the home were coming as well as Levi and Dave.

When the ladies from the home found out let's say angry women are not a good thing.

"Come let's go." My nan said picking up her handbag.

When me and Levi came here from his the other day. We told my nan about us being together and well let's say we go another box of condoms. I don't think I've ever seen Levi so red before.

I sat in the back with Levi. He was looking handsome today in a black jeans and white button up. He had the first few buttons undone. His head whipped to face mine and he gave me one of his heartbreaking smiles. I felt myself returning a smile.

"It will be okay." He whispered. I nodded and kissed his cheek.

Soon we arrived at the court house. We all walked in and met up with our lawyer.

He was a young man around 25/26. He was wearing a dark suit with a black tie resting against his white shirt. He had dark hair and brown eyes. He wasn't that bad to look at but I had my own handsome man to look at.

"Derek White." He introduced himself. "Maddox and his family along with the lawyer has arrived, if you are ready should we go?"

"Yes let's do this." My nan said.

We followed him into a court room. I saw Maddox sat behind a large desk with another man I assumed was his lawyer. Behind him was two kids. One boy and one girl, they looked around 16 and seemed to be identical twins. Next to them was a women who looked around 35 with a blonde long hair in a tight fitted black dress showing everything she owned. Does she have no self respect?

Both the lawyers shook hands. We sat opposite them on another large desk. I looked towards the jury and saw 12 people.

Dave, Levi and the ladies sat behind us.

"Please all rise for Judge Brown." Wow a lot of colours. We all rose and watched the judge walked in. I must say for an elderly women she was very beautiful.

"Please sit." She spoke after sitting in the chair. "Today we are here for Blaze Knight, to see who will have legal custody over Blaze."

All through court both Lawyers would be shouting at each other. Until I got called to the stand.

I walked up and said the oath about telling the truth.

"Blaze." Derek spoke up. "In your opinion who would you like to have as your legal guardian."

"Objection your honour." Maddox's Lawyer spoke up.

"Overruled, proceed Derek." Judge Brown spoke.

"Continue Blaze." Derek said.

"My nan, because ever since my mum died she has been my everything. When Maddox left when I around 4 she became another parent to me. When Maddox visited in hospital he had no clue my mother had died and that I was suffering with depression among other things, he instantly blamed my nan for me being hospital. I do not to live or even share the same name as a cheater or a coward." I spat out the last bit.

I figured it out. The kids are 2 years younger than me and he left me when I was 4. So do the maths be cheated on my mum.

"My mum wouldn't want me to live with him. Maybe forgive him for his mistakes but never to live with him, for me to be left behind all over again." I felt tears roll down my eyes.

I got down from the stand and walked back over to my seat. The Lawyers began to bicker back and forth. Until it was time for the jury to decide.

We got given a 30 minute break. I excused myself to the bathroom. I splashed my face twice with cold water. When I was walking out I bumped into Maddox children. Well my half siblings.

"I'm sorry." The girl spoke.

"It's okay."

"We're sorry, we never knew we had an older sister and that dad did that to you." The boy spoke up.

"It's okay really."

"I'm Sadie and this is Wes." Sadie said.

"Blaze." I shook their hands.

"I really want to hang out with you get to know you, but I understand if you don't want to because of dad." Sadie said playing with the ends of her hair, she looked nervous.

Would i want to hang out with them? I mean I guess I have siblings now.

"Blaze." I hear Levi's voice from behind me. I jumped and turned to face him.

I turned back around to the twins and saw a scared expression on their face.

"It's fine, he is harmless." I patted Levi's arm which found its way around my waist. "But yeah I would like that. Here is my number call me whenever we can meet at like nandos or a cafe. Just call or text."

"Thank you." They both smiled. Once they disappeared Levi asked me what it was about and I just explained.

"Come on the jury have decided." He spoke pecking my lips.

I followed him back into the room where everyone was already seated.

Judge Brown came in and took her seat. The jury handed her a piece of paper and she read it nodding.

"Pearl Knight keeps custody of Blaze Knight." She spoke up.

I felt my shoulder sag and tears form in my eyes. I turned to my nan and hugged the life out of her.

I ran to Levi and jumped in his arms. "We won." I grinned kissing him.

"You won."

life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself
- g.b.s

(The court may be shit, I've only ever watched stuff about it and tried to remember as much as I could)