Chapter 28: The Plan

Annabeth's POV

"Percy, have you seen my flipflops?" I yelled from our bedroom yet i still get no answer from my soon-to-be fiance, yes. You heard that right, i mean he hasn't asked to be his wife yet. You know why? Because i will be breaking the tradition! I, Annabeth Chase, will be throwing away the old traditions and will be the one to ask my boyfriend to be my husband.

Well, i don't actually have a plan yet but i already told Thalia and the others my motive. I'll be the one to propose to Percy.

He has always been the one making efforts creating very unforgettable dates every time we go out. But this time i'll be doing this for him and it will be much more unforgettable.

"AW!"

Yes, aw. My soon-to-be stupid fiance just threw my flipflops on my shoulder.

"Oh my gods, i'm sorry annabeth. I was kind of aiming for your lap..." He said shyly

I smirked, "You always had bad aim..no wonder why you hit me on my shoulder."

"I DO NOT HAVE A BAD AIM." He glared at me while i was on the verge of chuckling. "Okay..if you say so seaweed brain." I mocked.

I placed my flip flops down and went outside our terrace to get some fresh air. I really needed a plan. So to avoid Percy asking me stuffs i decided to have an alone time while reading a book to make sure that i look preoccupied and he won't disturb me. While acting like i was reading i thought about proposing to him in a simple yet memorable way. A swim in the lake we used to hang out in Camp, though i'll need a tiny bit of help with thalia and the others to build me a small floating place where we can have dinner and just talk.  Oh gods, i'm so nervous but excited. What if i mess this up? What if he says no?

Suddenly a woman in white flashes before me.

"Mother?"  My eyes widened, seeing my mother in front of me.

"Hello there my darling, what are you reading there?" Her voice oh so angelic but you can still hear her intimidating tone and fierceness.

"Oh, it's The Trojan War. But i wasn't actually reading i was just --"

"Acting like one, so that Percy wouldn't disturb and ask you things. Right?" She says with a knowing smirk. She sat beside me on the bench and tucked a loose strand of her behind my ear.

She can be such a motherly figure sometimes, "how did you know?-- actually, scratch that . Of course you know for goodness sake, you're the goddess of wisdom and my mother." I said in a matter of factly. She chuckles.

"Yes you're right my little owl. But i'm here to tell you that do not worry about your plan. I know you're being overwhelmed right now and overthinking the possibilities on what may happen when you'll ask Percy but don't worry. He love you so much and there is no way that he'll say no. And if he does, i'll make sure his father will pay for it. -- just kidding. But not really. Anyways the point is that, you both love each other dearly and i've given you both my blessing a long time ago. But my darling, be happy. " A small tear left my eye and i hug her tightly.

"Thank you mother, i really needed that. Will you and Poseidon come and visit?"

"I'm afraid we cannot my child. But best of luck and wishes. Remember, be happy my little owl." She whispers and kisses my forehead.

"I will.."

The next thing i know i'm inside lying on the couch with my head on Percy's lap. "How did i get here??" I asked him profoundly confused.

"Well, i saw you out on the terrace sleeping with a book on your hand and it was cold. So i did the boyfriend-y to do and carried you all the way here so you could continue sleeping." He explains. I nudges his arm and kissed his chin since my head was still on his lap.

"You seaweed brain." I teased.

So mother visited me in my dreams, i smiled remembering everything she told me...

Be happy

And i will be. I will be happy with Percy.

I stood up and gave Percy a smack on the lips and took my coat beside the door. He looked at me confused like a baby seal. "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna meet up with Thalia in a few hours. Eat some dinner okay? I might be out for a while. I love you, i'll call you when i get there." I said and rushed to him and gave him a long kiss on the lips. He held the back of my head a little longer and he deepens the kiss.

"I'll miss you." He whispers when we separated.

"Oh you little baby, i'll be back by 10." I teased and we stared at each other for a little bit longer than usual.

Then he smiles, "i love you annabeth."

And i smile back,

"I know." I winked and pecked him on the cheek and ran out of the door. Literally.

•••••••
No words to say to you all because i just missed writing. 😫

So this chapter ain't long, but i'm sorry to say this but the next chapter would be the epilogue!! Don't worry, it'll be a happy one i promise you that! After months of having this book, it'll be officially finish. And for the other book i have, i might put it on hold again. Sorry! So here you guys go!

All the love,

Patty