Chapter 16: The Conversation

So i got lots of reviews about my book cover, and some said it already looks great and i don't need to re-do it. So i won't! I was so happy and inspired so i made this chapter 2:37:05 AM yes. Exactly.

So! here is the chapter that some of you want to see the reaction of Caroline!

----

Annabeth's POV

i still cannot believe it.

JAKE AND CAROLINE?!

Gods, i thought they were like siblings for each other. i never thought that they would both be in a relationship! i've been friends with both of them and i never thought, i never saw any chemistry or spark between the two of them when they both hang out together.

I just can't get this out of my head. I keep on repeating the news inside my head and it just can't process it in. "Hello...earth to Annabeth?" I snapped my head to look at Percy who was waving his hand at my face.

"Sorry i just....is it really true?" I asked hoping i wasn't just hearing right.

"Yeah, Jake and Caroline are dating." He said and held my shoulder.

"Okay.....i just need to process this clearly.."

I thought Caroline likes Percy?? But isn't this good news? I don't need to tell her a bad thing right? Cause she likes Jake and not Percy. Okay this is a good thing Annabeth, don't think too much. Yeah right, you always think so much. The voice in my head says. SHUT UP!

"Do you need water? Space? Anything?" He asked worriedly.

"No, i just need to talk to Cal." I said and left Percy at the room.

I went to Caroline's dressing room and saw her hugging Jake inside, it was close though, good thing i didn't entered yet. Good thing they didn't saw me. I waited for a while outside to be sure that they were done with their private 'thing'. Just as Jake got out he saw me standing outside the door.

"Oh! Annabeth, i didn't notice you there. You here to see Caroline?" He asked. I gave him an awkward smile and nod. I went inside and let out a heavy sigh.

"Hey Annabeth!" Cal said way too perky.

"Hey Cal. Uhm, we need to talk." I said slowly. "Yeah sure." She replied.

"So you and Jake are now a thing huh?" I asked as we both sat at her couch. She was tensed for a bit but regained her composure.

"Yes, i'm sorry i didn't got to tell you, but Jake told me that we should tell Percy first. And i didn't got the chance to refuse. I knew Percy would tell you too so i was thinking about explaining to you afterwards." She explained.

"It's okay Cal, it's just. I was shocked you know? I didn't knew you and Jake had this feelings for each other. I thought you liked Percy." I said.

She giggled. "Well, i told that to you before because Jake an i were already together that time, and we kept it already as a secret and i didn't want you to think that i'm dating Jake so i had to act like i had a thing for Percy but he isn't my type." She said and giggled more.

I was happy and sad at the same time. I cried thinking that she liked Percy before, but the truth was i was just in love with him. Gods, when
Did i become so overly dramatic?

"Ohh, well....good because....Percy and i are also dating.." I said quietly.

"OH MY GOSH! You and Percy?! I knew it! You two had this sexual tension between the two of you, and this magnetic thing. You know? I could just feel this aura when i'm with you and Percy, like you just want to make out when you guys are with each other? I knew you were resisting it!" She said clearly excited. And i was shocked and embarrassed. That she already knew it and that she would have to recognize that we had a 'thing'.

"Well....it happened during christmas." I said smiling.

"That's great!" We both told our stories about how did Percy and i got together and how she and Jake got in to a relationship.

Turns out Caroline's first kiss was Jake!

"Well i gotta go to my man, we have a date!" She screeched and powdered herself and got ready for her date with Jake.

When she said goodbye and left i released a sigh.

"Good thing we had this conversation." I said to myself and smiled.

------
HEY EVERYONE!

Please don't get madddd! I know i didn't update again for months sorry! I have my excuses i promise!

First, my grandpa died last January and i had to process everything and adjust.

Second, after my handsome grandpa's funeral, we came back here at Saudi Arabia.

Third, i had one day to practice for our PROM. I know, i know. EWW.

Fourth, i had to study and do LOTS of projects to get my grades up.

Fifth, my dad confiscated my PHONE that's why i couldn't update and check my social life. Yep it sucks.

Sixth, i had someone courting me but turns out he wasn't doing any much effort for courting me so i stopped talking to him and i actually fell in love with him but he wasn't worth it for my tears. Even though it hurt.

Seventh, it was our finals so i needed to study more 😭😩

Eight, AUTHORS BLOCK. Hihi i'm sorry.

But i hope everyone understands. Please bare with me! I love you all!

Love, Patty.