Chapter 10: The Runaway

I'm here at the Philippines, safe and sound!

Sorry i haven't updated, just.....so many things in my mind right now.

---
Annabeth's POV

I fixed myself in front of the mirror.

I brushed my hair using mg fingers, i splashed some water in to my face. Took a tissue paper and wiped my face. I took some lip gloss and smeared some in my lips.

Then i released a heavy sigh. "What should i do?"

I'm too caught up with my emotions. Gods, how would i face them looking like this? How would they react if they see this puffy eyes?

No. I can't go. I can't go with them, feeling like.....like this. How would i face Percy if i would just want to crash my lips to his and hug me until he doesn't breath?

I went out of the restroom and met Caroline back at the dressing room. "You feeling okay?" She asked as soon as i entered the room.

I widened my eyes, do i look that bad?

"I-i'm alright, why?" I said.

"You look pale." Caroline said and touch me with the back of her hand to see if i have a fever. "You're not that cold either. You want some water?" She said.

I gave her a smile, but a weak one. I don't want her to worry about me. I don't want our friendship be ruined because of my stupidity. I won't let my feelings ruin or friendship.

Caroline has been my friend and almost-like-sister since i started doing all of this work. Since i first had my break down because of stress an everything, and i won't repay her by realizing that i still love the guy i broke up with for the past few years.

"Yeah sure, thanks. Uhm, how about let's get ready? We're about to go to the mall aren't we?" I said and held her shoulders. She gave me a nod and went to her dressing room.

As soon as she left, i released a sob. Gods, i'm such a wimp, a coward, a stupid little girl. I thought i was a daughter of Athena?

Scratch that. Whatever.

I'm a demigod. I can control my feelings. I can show him, no them, that i can manage my feelings. That i can hide my feelings for Percy very well.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But who am i kidding?

I can't even stop myself from hugging him when i see him.

---

Percy's POV

I'm on my way to the mall, and i got a very very strange feeling that there's a good or bad thing that'll happen.

My phone rang, i answered it and said,

"Hello?"

"Hey Perce. Where're you?" Jake asks.

"I'm on my way to the mall to meet you guys. You?"

"I'm already here. Meet me all here at Starbucks. See you." He said and ended the call.

I drove faster then parked my car.

I went inside the mall. And now that i realized it, i have no idea how this mall works.

I asked some girls who were giggling and kept looking at me, "Uhm, hi. Can i ask you where the Starbucks is?" I asked the girl with brunette hair. "There." She says and points at the right direction of the mall. Then giggled, what's wrong with these girls? I thought.

I walked until i got there. I saw Jake and waved. We had some manly hug and he says, "So dude, how're you?"

I gave him a smile and said, "I'm okay bro. How 'bout you and Caroline? You two have been hard to separate these days." I grinned

"What do you mean?" He said holding his laugh. The. Continued to talk, "we're not together if that's what your thinking. She like someone else. And i know who." He said and he did the up-and-down-eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and a waiter took our orders. "One Mocha Chocolate Chip frappe for me, and One Vanilla Frappe for Caroline." Jake said. "How 'bout Annabeth?" He asks.

I smirked. "Two Chocolate Cream for me and Annabeth." I said. "You sure she'd like that?" Jake asked. I gave him a nod and smiled.

I knew Annabeth's favorite. We were best friends since we were 12. We'd dated for years. Of course i knew what she'd like and she won't.

Speaking of Annabeth, Caroline and Annabeth entered the café arms locked, like they were the bestest friends. But i knew that Thalia was here bestest.

And may i just say that, Annabeth looks beautiful? She looks like a goddess? She looks beautiful than Aphrodite herself? She looks dangerously captivating? She looks hot and fierce?

She looks like an angel sent from--
I was cut by Caroline hugging me, and i almost fell back but i got my footing. "Hey." She says. I just gave her a smile. I saw Annabeth sat beside Jake and they were laughing. My heart broke a little.

She was laughing with another guy.

Caroline and i sat in front of Annabeth and Jake, they were talking about dragons and bulls and snakes. Don't know why. "Hey Percy, do you read?" Caroline asks. I looked at her and shook my head. "You okay? You're not talking. Am i talking too much? Am i making you uncomfortable?" She says "No, no. I mean it's just. N-nothing, i-i don't read books." I said suddenly shy.

She gave me a sweet smile. "Oh okay." She said and we talked and talked about movies and stuffs about the set.

Our orders came and Annabeth was surprised with her order. "Jake you know?" She said. We all turned at her. "Know what?" He said.

"You know that this frappe's may favorite?" She said smiling widely. My fingers shook. My hands were clenched. "What? No. I didn't order it for you, Percy did." He said and they both turned to me.

"You did?" She asks. Her eyes were wide, and now i could clearly see that she still have those stormy intense grey eyes that i always fell in love with. "Yeah..." I said.

She stood up and got her bag. She took her frappe and got out of the café.

I ran out to find her.....

But she was gone...

---

Hey loves!

Okay okay, i know i'm a terrible author for not updating but here are the reasons why:

1. I'm human. I have a life besides wattpad and it all doesn't revolve around this. (No offense Annabeth and Percy.)

2. We haven't had ANY internet lately here at the Philippines.

3. I've got some writers block for the past few days that's why.

4. It's my vacation here at the Philippines so i can't just do this all the time when it's my vacation right? I mean....i need to go out, meet my relatives here, go to the mall with my family and etcetera.

So i hope you all understand that i can't always update on a daily basis.

That's all!! Thanks for still supporting my books tho! Courtesy of Rick Riordan! 😉

All rights reserve 2014

xx Patty